About the Global Merchant Team
On the Global Merchant team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant and store selection for consumers and build products and services for our merchants to grow their businesses profitably on Wolt. In doing so, we partner up closely with the commercial teams in our 25 countries.
Our five global subteams focus on distinct areas of the merchant lifecycle and experience but also our internal efficiency related to reaching our mission:
- The Merchant S&O (Strategy & Operations) team is responsible for our merchant and selection strategy, merchant experience, planning and performance tracking, operating model design as well as commercial go-to-market approaches
- The Sales S&O team owns and develops the goaling, sales operations processes, tools and enablement programs to support and improve the productivity of our local pre- and post-sales teams
- The Merchant Operations subteam focuses on smooth execution of core processes such as onboarding, in-store flows, self-service tooling and integrations - this in a very tight collaboration with our product teams
- The Enterprise team works directly with global current and prospective merchant partners to unlock and grow our joint business
- The B2B subteam owns and develops some of our newer service offerings for merchants - such as logistics as a service (Drive)
About the Role
We are looking for an operator with a strong bias to action who loves using data to solve problems. You’ll join the Merchant Strategy & Operations team, where we’re focused on building the best merchant selection for our customers.
In this role, you will refine how we develop our Merchant strategy, assess and measure performance and success, and be the main Merchant business counterpart to Finance and the countries in annual and quarterly planning. You’ll also own developing our commercial operating model - in essence how we structure ourselves to enable reaching our goals in 25 countries of different size and maturity, and an increasingly multi-product environment.
In owning the strategy, planning and performance measurement, you will work very cross-functionally with local commercial teams, finance, analytics, and marketing teams as well as with the full global merchant team.
You want to affect change every day, are result-oriented and can operate in fast-paced environments.
- You do not shy away from getting your hands dirty, building and testing - you are comfortable in a place where the playbooks are still to be defined and built
- You enjoy solving problems, you are comfortable with data and have solid analytical skills (SQL a plus)
- You have an ability to build cross-functional partnerships at all levels across technical and non-technical teams to achieve common goals
- You have 5+ years work experience in consulting, investment banking, operations, technology, startups, or related experiences. A combination of 2 or more of these experiences is a plus.
- You communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal comms
If you are creative, like moving fast, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do (rather than wait to be told) – then apply today.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + stock options available