Our Courier Payroll Team based in Berlin is looking for a Payroll Specialist (m/f/d) who will be responsible, together with the team, for the accurate and timely payroll of our couriers in Germany.
Do you love numbers, structured work, and attention to detail? Do you like to communicate with authorities and do you enjoy payroll, payroll tax, and social security subjects? If this sounds like you, we'd love to talk!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with the goal of changing the way people can order food in restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly to become a global company, currently operating in 23 countries and over 250 cities in EMEA and APAC, with 15 million registered users - and that's just the beginning.
The team of employees at Wolt currently consists of more than 100 HR, Payroll and Talent Acquisition professionals based in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tel-Aviv, Tbilisi, Budapest, Zagreb and Tokyo.
We are currently experiencing a period of hyper growth in Germany, to meet this demand we are now looking for you to join our team as Payroll Specialist (m/f/d).
This is a truly unique opportunity to be part of a Payroll team in one of the fastest growing companies in Europe and have the chance to really contribute to what a modern payroll looks like, with the goal of providing world class payroll and service to all our couriers.
What you will be doing
- Preparation of payroll: review and preparation of master and transaction data in compliance with labor law, company, tax and social security regulations
- Processing of registrations and certifications as well as communication with health insurances, social security agencies and tax offices
- Processing of electronic incapacity to work certificates
- Preparation of various reports for payroll validation
- Checking and analyzing the test payrolls to ensure that our employees are paid correctly and on time
- Handling of special topics such as garnishments, parental leave, KuG....
- Continuous optimization and further development of internal processes
Our humble expectations
- Completed commercial training, ideally with additional qualifications in payroll accounting
- Good knowledge of tax and social security law
- Very good knowledge of Excel (confident in V-lookup and Pivot)
- Very good knowledge of German and good knowledge of English (at least C1 in German and B1 in English)
- Familiarity with payroll accounting programs such as Datev LODAS and personnel systems as well as SV-Net and the ELStAM procedure
- High level of service orientation
- Structured and responsible way of working incl. documentation
- You work well in a team and are very familiar with dynamic collaboration via digital tools such as Slack and Zoom
- Eligibility to work in the EU
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our long term incentive plan.
You will fit into a truly diverse team across 25 countries - what really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity. Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!