Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform the way people can order food from restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly and become a global company, currently operating in 23 countries and over 120 cities across EMEA, servicing 15M registered users - and this is only the beginning. The People team at Wolt currently consists of 100+ HR, Payroll and Talent Acquisition professionals located in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tel-Aviv, Tbilisi and Tokyo.
We always strive for global scalability, modern processes and automation, and therefore we prioritise systems development in every area of the business. With this attitude, during 2021 the People team has launched platforms like Workday and Shareworks, while simultaneously beginning the roll out of Quinyx and changing our payroll vendor to ADP.
Specifically in our global payroll team, we are now looking for Payroll Specialists for Japan’s payroll, with end-to-end understanding of payroll processes and ideally payroll experience from both in-house and outsourced payroll.
As a Payroll Specialist, you’ll be working at the heart of our People Operations, taking ownership of payroll processes and data in Japan. This is a truly unique opportunity to be part of a payroll team in one of the fastest growing companies in Europe and Japan, having a chance to really contribute to what modern global payroll looks like, with a goal to provide a world class payroll experience to all of our employees.
What you’ll be doing
- Overall payroll coordination working in collaboration with our outsourced payroll vendor, ensuring that our team is paid correctly every month.
- Supporting our HR team in the hands on collection, calculation, and entering of payroll data, where not handled within our system integration.
- Ensuring payroll data integrity across our integrated HR and payroll systems, and identification and fixing of any errors.
- Supporting in the maintenance of payroll guidelines by writing and iteratively updating policies and procedures.
- Drawing current and future needs of payroll in Japan, transferring the data and ensuring that the design new design fulfills all local statutory and legal requirements by being active in our payroll and T&A implementation projects
- Payroll query and request management both to employees and Team Leads
- Resolution of any payroll discrepancies
Our humble expectations
- You have a strong understanding of core payroll management and processes.
- Experience and passion towards payroll and payroll-related technology and processes.
- Hands-on experience of payroll process design
- Previous experience of working with Workday (or other enterprise HR systems) is considered a strong advantage.
- Comprehensive understanding of Japanese social insurance system is plus
- You are a strong communicator, fluent in Japanese and business level of English language skills
- You enjoy taking ownership and solving problems proactively.
- You know how to use excel proficiently
- You work well in a team, and are completely comfortable collaborating remotely and dynamically using digital tools such as Slack and Zoom.
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + stock options available