About the Global Merchant Team
On the Global Merchant team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant and store selection for consumers and build products and services for our merchants to grow their businesses profitably on Wolt. In doing so, we partner up closely with the commercial teams in our 25 countries.
Our five global subteams focus on distinct areas of the merchant lifecycle and experience but also our internal efficiency related to reaching our mission:
- The Merchant S&O (Strategy & Operations) team is responsible for our merchant and selection strategy, merchant experience, planning and performance tracking, operating model design as well as commercial go-to-market approaches
- The Sales S&O team owns and develops the goaling, sales operations processes, tools and enablement programs to support and improve the productivity of our local pre- and post-sales teams
- The Merchant Operations subteam focuses on smooth execution of core processes such as onboarding, in-store flows, self-service tooling and integrations - this in a very tight collaboration with our product teams
- The Enterprise team works directly with global current and prospective merchant partners to unlock and grow our joint business
- The B2B subteam owns and develops some of our newer service offerings for merchants - such as logistics as a service (Drive)
About the Role
We are looking for an operator with a strong bias to action who is excited to solve problems and build the sales compliance team across Wolt. You will be focused on creating, operationalizing and strengthening a sales compliance framework capable of upholding Wolt’s compliance responsibilities (e.g. Sarbanes Oxley certifications) and Sales investment while enabling Sales team productivity and activation/onboarding accuracy. You’ll join the Merchant Strategy & Operations team, where we’re focused on building the best merchant selection for our customers.
As the leader of the Sales Compliance team you’ll be responsible for building the team, process and function. You will dive into sales processes and systems to deeply understand the sales process and how to ensure compliance with all regulations. You will partner closely across Internal Audit, Strategy & Operations, Systems, Legal, Accounting, Engineering and Product groups to develop and land appropriate controls across 25 countries. This is a management position. This role will be located in Berlin or Helsinki.
Merchant selection is key to Wolt’s growth, and building the foundations for scalable and efficient acquisition is a top priority. You will hire and develop your team to build these foundations and enable the next chapter of Wolt’s merchant strategy.
What you will be doing
- Independently drive efficiency and decisive process improvements throughout the order to cash process
- Help our sales team to sell quickly and compliantly
- Ensure Wolt maintains SOX compliance while continuing fast growth
- Design, build and run appropriate SOX controls and partner with new & diverse business groups to achieve compliance
- Own and maintain permissions access for critical systems such as CRM, Contracting tools and Internal systems
- Partner with Security / Internal Audit and our business teams to design effective access controls
- Design and document order to cash processes that are efficient, scalable and compliant
- Lead impactful, cross-functional initiatives to deliver step change improvements in performance (e.g. system/ process design, training/documentation, reporting/ accountability, etc)
- Manage a growing team, hiring and developing your direct reports professionally
Our humble expectations
- You have a bachelor's degree and 6+ years of relevant experience in sales compliance, business systems, process improvement, tools and enablement at either high-growth technology startups or well-established companies
- Highly proficient in designing order to cash processes, systems and tools such as salesforce, docusign, Pipedrive etc.
- Familiarity with SOX compliance as it relates to order to cash systems and processes
- Excellent project management and cross functional leadership skills
- Highly proficient in Google Sheets/ Excel (pivot tables, vlookups) and flowchart tools like visio/lucidchart
- Hands-on experience with administration of sales systems and/or contracting tools
- You communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal comms
- You have management experience
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!