Wolt is looking to expand its Security team, and we're hiring a Staff Security Engineer to help us build an even more secure Wolt. The security team is a multidisciplinary team which is responsible for all things related to information security, product security, data privacy engineering, physical security and safety at Wolt. Our Security team collaborates across Wolt's functions to enable us to build the first class product and service of Wolt. We work with full transparency and trust while focusing only on doing what makes sense. Continuous development is what we aim for as a team and making sure we remain as the business enabler and doing so by not settling for any result but always aiming for better.
📍This role will be based in Helsinki or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland or Sweden.
Among responsibilities and challenges:
- Lead and execute cross-organizational projects to mitigate security and technical privacy risks, which may impact both Wolt employees and partners.
- Assess root causes, technologies, and solutions to ensure they align with Wolt's business requirements and meet stringent security standards.
- Find innovative solutions to complex problems within defined timelines.
- Serve as an internal and external security consultant, providing expertise and guidance.
As our next Staff Security Engineer, you have:
- 10+ years of extensive experience in the field of information security, with a broad range of expertise
- Strong understanding of modern technology stacks is highly desirable, and the ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies is essential
- Proven track record of identifying vulnerabilities, devising effective solutions, and implementing fixes
- Proficient in threat modeling techniques
- Fluent in at least one programming language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Practical experience in leading and guiding organizations towards achieving common goals.
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Prioritize usability when developing solutions, understanding that an effective solution must be user-friendly and adopted by all stakeholders.
- Have an eye for security and privacy related regulatory requirements (e.g., EU GDPR) too.
- Proactively explore emerging trends and technologies, recognizing potential opportunities before they become mainstream industry practices.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Anna Pivovar (firstname.lastname@example.org).