We’re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join the Consumer mission! A mission to make it easy to discover and access the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered right to your home or office. Here you'll be working on some of our most complex and impactful problems, helping to support user retention and engagement across our consumer facing products.
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here. If you live outside of these countries - not to worry! We provide relocation support to help you make your way to Finland or Sweden.
You’re a great fit for this role if you:
- Are passionate about delivery and how it can impact peoples lives for good.
- Can concept on the fly and collaborate with anyone to get things done.
- Have empathy for your audience and can anticipate user needs.
- Thrive in a fast-paced organisation.
What you’ll do:
- Listen carefully. The better you understand our users problems the better your solutions will be. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Collaborate across teams. You’ll partner closely with product, engineering, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll provide the thought leadership to inspire and develop the right design direction. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Imagine the way forward. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and be responsible for every last detail, every step of the way.
Who you are:
- Experience. You’ve been designing for 5+ years for a consumer-focused tech company, so understand what it takes to create elegant, consumer-oriented experiences.
- Mastery. You are a versatile t-shaped designer who uses a full range of skills—product design, interaction design, and visual design—to ensure you deliver magical experiences to the customer.
- You’re a strong communicator. Who can inspire teams towards action and empathy for the user.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether that’s hands-on user research or a quantitative A/B test.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us! And please remember to include your portfolio or a detailed case study to your application.
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Elisa Haikala (firstname.lastname@example.org).