About the Global Merchant Team
On the Global Merchant team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant and store selection for consumers and build products and services for our merchants to grow their businesses profitably on Wolt. In doing so, we partner up closely with the commercial teams in our 25 countries.
Our five global subteams focus on distinct areas of the merchant lifecycle and experience but also our internal efficiency related to reaching our mission:
- The Merchant S&O (Strategy & Operations) team is responsible for our merchant and selection strategy, merchant experience, planning and performance tracking, operating model design as well as commercial go-to-market approaches
- The Sales S&O team owns and develops the goaling, sales operations processes, tools and enablement programs to support and improve the productivity of our local pre- and post-sales teams
- The Merchant Operations subteam focuses on smooth execution of core processes such as onboarding, in-store flows, self-service tooling and integrations - this in a very tight collaboration with our product teams
- The Enterprise team works directly with global current and prospective merchant partners to unlock and grow our joint business
- The B2B subteam owns and develops some of our newer service offerings for merchants - such as logistics as a service (Drive)
About the Role
We are looking for an operator with a strong bias to action who is excited to solve problems and improve our business. The ideal candidate can flex between scrappy executing, data analysis, executive communication and cross-functional management. You’ll join the Merchant Strategy & Operations team, where we’re focused on building the best merchant selection for our customers.
As the leader of Scaled Acquisition Strategy & Operations you’ll be responsible for leading a team to drive new store growth on the platform via our self-serve product onboarding, marketing & vendor channels. You will report to the Director of Sales Strategy & Operations, and lead cross-functional collaboration between Wolt operations, sales, marketing, product, finance and external vendor teams to drive Wolt revenue growth across 25 countries. This is a management position. This role will be located in Berlin or Helsinki.
Merchant selection is key to Wolt’s growth, and getting more merchant partners is a top priority. You and your team will be building these new acquisition channels which are key to Wolt’s revenue growth and long-term success–facilitating the new chapter of Wolt’s GTM (go to market) strategy.
What you will be doing
- Work with marketing & product to build a world class marketing strategy and self-serve product acquiring merchants
- Build vendor sales teams and process to quickly increase Wolt’s selling capacity
- Define our acquisition strategy across 25 countries–including goal setting, sales process, hiring targets, and cross-functional accountability
- Partner with our local countries to ensure successful planning and implementation of local Mx strategies
- Partner with analytics, product & marketing to dive deep into opportunities to accelerate performance
- Manage a growing team, hiring and developing your direct reports professionally
- You want to affect change every day, are result-oriented and can operate in fast-paced environments.
- You do not shy away from getting your hands dirty, building and testing - you are comfortable in a place where the playbooks are still to be defined and built
- You enjoy solving problems, you are comfortable with data and have solid analytical skills (SQL a plus)
- You have experience using CRM systems (Pipedrive & Salesforce a plus) and working with technical teams
- You have an ability to build cross-functional partnerships at all levels across technical and non-technical teams to achieve common goals
- You have 6+ years work experience in consulting, investment banking, operations, technology, startups, or related experiences
- You communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal comms
- You have management experience (not a requirement, but highly considered)
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!