The Wolt Finance & Strategy team is responsible for accelerating the growth of our business by identifying and implementing new opportunities and solutions. We partner with teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability and defensibility of our business model. We’re looking to hire strategic thinkers who can model the future, solve complex problems, and collaborate effectively to help carry projects from conception through execution.
We are looking for someone who will help drive our strategy and execution in our Eastern region. You will be the strategic thought partner to key stakeholders across Wolt to ensure we are making the most efficient investment and capital allocation decisions while consistently improving the experience for all of our marketplace participants. You will lead financial reporting, forecasting, and planning, and will be expected to drive financial insights and direction for all of our operational decisions and strategies. You will report to the Director, Finance & Strategy.
What you’ll be doing
- Own the full P&L and understand all the levers to optimize our approach to balancing growth vs. profitability
- Be the Finance voice at the decision making table
- Deep-dive into complex operational questions and collaborate cross-functionally outside Finance (Operations, Product, Marketing, Legal) as well as within Finance (Accounting, Analytics, BI) to uncover the most optimal data-driven business decisions and investments
- Be the source of truth for weekly financial reporting and forecasting, and quarterly financial planning for the business
- Identify key opportunities & risks to the business, quantify and evaluate the impacts, propose a solution and investment case, and ensure efficient execution
- 7+ years of experience in Strategic Finance, Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, or Consulting at a high-growth technology startup or well-established company
- Ability to influence cross-functional partners at all levels within an organization
- Proven success in project management and managing budgets for major functional areas within an organization
- Advanced Excel & financial modeling skills. Able to build robust financial models used by teams throughout the company, and to size the impacts of opportunities and business cases for pursuing new initiatives
- Basic SQL proficiency (or willingness to learn). Able to manipulate large data sets, uncover hidden insights in our data, and meaningfully improve our understanding of our business through this process
- Experience with marketplace, logistics or consumer businesses a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, other languages are a plus
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
You will fit into a truly diverse team across 25 countries - what really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity. Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Orsi Kocsis, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!