As a Senior HR Specialist in Japan, you’ll be working at the very heart of our People Team, supporting and partnering with our business team leads and all Wolt employees in country operations across Japan. You will lead all HR operations initiatives, work closely with the local HR lead and the global HR operations function to implement cross-organization initiatives in Japan, and provide tailor-made HR operations-related support. You will be reporting to our HR Lead located in Japan
In the role, you’d be working as part of the local People team consisting of HR Operations, HR Business Partnering, Talent Acquisition and Payroll, taking care of all aspects of HR in all of our business departments and sites with over 500 employees across Japan.
What you’ll be doing
- Providing full employee life cycle support, from onboarding to off-boarding and everything in between
- Offering support to our local employees and team leads with all of their HR and people-related questions, such as our people policies and compensation, benefits, and payroll-related topics. Working with HR-related reporting and analytics using the data in our HR system, Workday.
- Working closely with our local partners, e.g. payroll and legal, to ensure that HR operations in your functions are running smoothly and compliantly.
- Supporting to build and influence Wolt HR strategy across Wolt Japan.
- Managing HR system updates, and associated employee data quality.
- We hope you have a solid background from working in People / HR Operations, ideally in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment (4+ years experience)
- Ideally you have been working closely with HR systems, payroll, people policies (creation & maintenance) and compensation, absence and working time-related topics.
- Overall, you have a strong understanding of all core People processes aligning with the Japan labor standard act and other related regulations, with a view of what works and what doesn’t.
- Hands-on experience from HR solution administration and policy design is considered a strong advantage.
- As a person, you are a strong communicator, near-native fluency in Japanese and English.
- We hope you have a problem-solving and can-do attitude combined with networking skills and a willingness to take initiative.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- You should also work well in a team, but also handle tasks independently and with your own initiative.