About the Team
The Regional Analytics Team at Wolt focuses on solving country & region specific operational challenges and is tasked with “hitting the plan” for specific countries. To do this, the team works to understand the underlying drivers of growth at the market level and identifies the best opportunities to have an impact.
Data Scientists at Wolt work to uncover insights and turn them into relevant recommendations, driving decisions for the entire organisation. On the Regional Analytics team we are focused on understanding opportunities for growth in the business and connecting the dots between long term strategic planning and highly practical near-term actions to deliver results and build toward a preferred future state.
This team partners closely with Regional Strategy & Operations teams to guide measurement and tactical decision-making using advanced analytics as we expand the Wolt platform across the globe.
About the Role
As a senior member of the Regional Analytics team, your role involves helping the Israel Strategy & Operations team find avenues for growth through data-driven analyses and actionable recommendations. This is a rare, operational and actionable data-driven experience. When you join this team, you will be driving action from the frontlines, rather than just doing yet another analytics role.
The team is looking for a data-driven operational expert who knows how to move fast, work cross-functionally, and deliver business results. If you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, are excited to build from 0 to 1, and have experience using analytics to affect growth in key Wolt markets - we're looking for someone like you.
You're excited about this opportunity because you can…
- Passionately leverage your technical and analytical skill sets to tell the story about business performance and align executives around what matters and why
- Monitor a large number of business metrics to ensure we are tracking to targets, flag when we are at risk of missing plan and understand the root causes of changes
- Develop and implement the required data, tooling and processes for how we manage business performance on an ongoing basis and continue to get 1% better everyday
- Lead key business reviews and present in key meetings with our executive team and founders
- Possess excellent stakeholder management skills, know how to effectively collaborate well with strategy, operations, product, finance and engineering
- Work backwards from understanding and sizing problems to ideating solutions
- Be excited to travel to meet with business partners and the teams in each market
- Report against our goals by identifying essential metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Identify and measure levers to help move essential metrics and make recommendations
- 3-5 years of experience in data analytics, consulting, or related quantitative role
- Ability to get into ambiguous problems for “treasure-hunting” with data & find creative new ways to think about our business
- Determination to initiate and lead/own strategic projects to completion in a scrappy environment with a cross-functional team
- Innate curiosity to understand how things work and a first-principles approach to problem solving
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably R and/or Python
- Expertise with SQL queries, Basic ETL, awareness of predictive analytics
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualisation tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Ability to influence senior leadership to make critical decisions
- Clear and concise communication with strong cross-functional partnership experience
- Fluent English proficiency with knowledge of additional languages as a bonus
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Zhanna Filintseva (email@example.com).