Data Scientists at Wolt build and deploy data science and machine learning solutions to address business problems. Utilizing a spectrum of methodologies including statistical analysis, machine learning, deep learning and operations research, they improve critical processes within Wolt's online delivery platform and business operations. Their contributions significantly impact all 25 countries in which we operate.
The work consists of owning machine learning use cases as part of a product development team; starting from identifying opportunities, to developing and prototyping a solution, all the way to deploying, maintaining, and improving it in production. We use a variety of technologies and tools including Python, SQL, Docker and K8s, Snowflake, Flyte, MLflow and Seldon Core to get the job done, and are constantly looking for ways to improve how our data scientists work.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to be embedded into our cross-functional Courier Earnings team, to work together with engineers, product, design and analytics people, on developing algorithms and solutions to define pricing strategies for tasks completed by our Couriers. You will be for example developing machine learning models to ensure fairness of compensation and to improve efficiency of our operations. You will have great potential to make a significant impact by tackling complex problems and building new solutions.
Also, to learn more about Wolt, be sure to check out Machine learning at Wolt - our journey towards MLOps, our Wolt Algorithmic Transparency Report, and Wolt Tech Talks. 💡
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland, Sweden, Germany, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here. If you live outside of these countries - not to worry! We provide relocation support to help you make your way to Finland, Germany or Sweden.
- You have plenty of hands-on experience with production-level Data Science and Machine Learning projects — from prototyping to deploying, maintaining and improving production deployed solutions (i.e. ability and interest to handle a use case end-to-end);
- You have a deep understanding and experience with machine learning and a solid understanding of statistics;
- Proven ability to tackle highly complex domains, break them down into solvable problems and develop novel solutions to them;
- Preferable experience with supply & demand, logistics and dynamic pricing domains, great if you have worked on projects within optimization and operational research fields;
- Knowledge of experimental design and analysis, such as A/B testing;
- You’ll have fluent programming skills in Python, which is our main language for data science projects, and experience with databases (SQL). You value good software engineering practices, understand MLOps, and take pride in the quality of your code and the performance of your solutions;
- Ideally, you’ll also have a degree in a field relevant to Data Science.
You’re an analytical, curious and proactive problem solver. We’re looking for a self-starter with a drive to get things done. Also as well a good communicator, willing to collaborate with people inside and outside of the team.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Fernanda Prado e Silva (firstname.lastname@example.org).