What makes the Finance team so special is our ‘service first’ approach to the job - we enjoy creating strong communication loops with the wider business, so that bottlenecks are minimized and that things get done quickly and efficiently.
Everybody is accountable for their own workload and takes pride in being meticulous and precise. We also enjoy learning and developing as we go - it’s important that you share this approach! :)
As a Revenue Accounting Manager, you will drive our revenue automation and systems infrastructure while keeping pace within one of the fastest growing marketplace companies.
- Work cross functionally with Group Accounting, RTR and PTP teams, Data Analytics, Engineering, and various business owners on policies, processes, and programs, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
- Lead operational improvement initiatives to further streamline revenue processes, centralize key revenue recons and work streams from local country teams and shorten the the time to close
- Perform monthly revenue accounting close responsibilities, including but not limited to: revenue and cost of revenue analyses for GAAP/IFRS compliance, review balance sheet reconciliations, review and approve journal entries, prepare close and management reporting package deliverables, and ensure proper documentation for SOX compliance
- Work with the Product, Engineering and Data Analytics teams to continuously improve our Revenue Reconciliation processes and manage reconciliation analysis with the help of the data and analytics experts
- Prepare and/or review deliverables to financial reporting teams related to public financial filing reports, schedules for external audit review and testing, and control documentation for internal audit teams
- Design and implement process improvements in your work areas to improve the accuracy and efficiency of preparation to enable a timely financial close
- Ad hoc analyses and projects as assigned
Our humble expectations
- You have 7+ years experience in revenue accounting and public accounting (ideal candidate will have both Big 4 public accounting firm and corporate experience), including 1-2+ years experience in managing staff
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, local certification preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP, ASC 606 Revenue Recognition and SOX required; knowledge of IFRS 15 is a suitable alternate
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills and ability to work with large volumes of transactional data, SQL a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing work environments.
- Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Get-it-done mindset - you're able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Experience in the gig economy or marketplace company a plus
- Comfortable using English as a working language
- Must be eligible to work in the E.U.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
You will fit into a truly diverse team across 25 countries - what really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity. Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Tim Novopashin, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!