Are you an experienced Payroll Specialist, with experience in end to end payroll and a good eye for overall payroll development? Do you want to be part of building and scaling our payroll operations in a truly global tech organization? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
The People team at Wolt currently consists of 200+ HR, Payroll and Talent Acquisition professionals located across our 25 countries.
We always strive for global scalability, modern processes and automation, and therefore we prioritise systems development in every area of the business. With this attitude, during 2021 the People team has launched platforms like Workday and Shareworks, while simultaneously beginning the roll out of Quinyx and changing our payroll vendor to ADP.
Specifically in our global payroll team, we are now looking for Payroll Specialists for Japan’s payroll, with end-to-end understanding of payroll processes and ideally payroll experience from both in-house and outsourced payroll.
As a Payroll Specialist, you’ll be working at the heart of our People Operations, taking ownership of payroll processes and data in Japan. This is a truly unique opportunity to be part of a payroll team in one of the fastest growing companies in Europe and Japan, having a chance to really contribute to what modern global payroll looks like, with a goal to provide a world class payroll experience to all of our employees.
What you’ll be doing
- Overall payroll coordination working in collaboration with our outsourced payroll vendor, ensuring that our team is paid correctly every month.
- Supporting our HR team in the hands on collection, calculation, and entering of payroll data, where not handled within our system integration.
- Ensuring payroll data integrity across our integrated HR and payroll systems, and identification and fixing of any errors.
- Supporting in the maintenance of payroll guidelines by writing and iteratively updating policies and procedures.
- Payroll query and request management both to employees and Team Leads
- Resolution of any payroll discrepancies
- Part time employment: 80 hours/month
- Working hours: negotiable between 9:00 - 18:00
- Location: Based out of Tokyo, Osaka, Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Sapporo or Sendai.
- Hybrid work: negotiable
- You have a strong understanding of core payroll management and processes.
- Experience and passion towards payroll and payroll-related technology and processes
- Hands-on experience of payroll process design
- Comprehensive understanding of Japanese social insurance system is plus
- You are a strong communicator, fluent in Japanese and business level of English language skills
- You enjoy taking ownership and solving problems proactively
- You know how to use excel proficiently
- Previous experience of working with Workday (or other enterprise HR systems) is considered a strong advantage
- You work well in a team, and are completely comfortable collaborating remotely and dynamically using digital tools such as Slack and Zoom
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can send your enquiries to:
Naomi Yokoyama - Naomi.Yokoyama@Wolt.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!