Are you an experienced Payroll professional, with experience in end-to-end payroll and a good eye for overall payroll development? Do you want to be part of building and scaling our payroll operations in a truly global tech organization? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company founded in 2014 with a mission to transform the way people can order food from restaurants. Wolt has since grown rapidly and become a global company, currently operating in 23 countries and over 250 cities across EMEA and APAC, servicing 15M registered users - and this is only the beginning. The People team at Wolt currently consists of about 100+ HR, Payroll, and Talent Acquisition professionals located in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Berlin, Tel-Aviv, Tbilisi, Budapest, Zagreb, and Tokyo. We are going through a period of hypergrowth in Germany, and as we look to build our payroll team to meet this demand, we have opened up a Payroll Lead role and are now looking for a Payroll professional with deep knowledge of German payroll and strong people management experience. This is a truly unique opportunity to be part of a payroll team in one of the fastest growing companies in Europe, having a chance to really contribute to what modern payroll looks like, with a goal to provide a world-class payroll experience to all of our employees.
What you’ll be doing
● Manage and motivate our team of 5 payroll specialists, ensuring that we maintain sufficient capacity and capability for all payroll processes, and minimizing “single point of failure” risks.
● Build payroll policies, practices, and controls, and monitor compliance with country regulations to meet monthly and yearly payroll and tax obligations.
● Together with the Head of Courier Payroll, build and own the payroll delivery strategy for the day-to-day payroll operations to enable our continued headcount growth.
● Monitor payroll key performance indicators and service level agreement metrics.
● Ensure that we accurately pay our team every month and deliver a world-class employee experience while doing so, resolving any payroll issues with root cause analysis and corrective action.
● Collaborate with the People Team, Finance & Tax, Legal, and various other internal business partners to ensure changes in regulations, business strategy, or other matters are proactively addressed
● Manage relationships with external authorities such as health insurance, tax authorities, and auditors
● Own and drive projects forward that help us be better 1% every day
● Successfully completed commercial education with a focus on payroll as well as at least 5 years of relevant professional experience, ideally with management responsibility
● Strong communication and influencing skills to work with leadership in ensuring we design and deliver the best payroll experience for our employees.
● Profound knowledge of German social security, payroll tax, and labor law.
● You are solution-oriented, and a dynamic and flexible working environment is exactly what you are looking for.
● Confident handling of MS Office (especially Excel) and knowledge of payroll programs such as Datev Lodas or Lohn & Gehalt.
● You are experienced in managing and implementing projects.
● Very good written and spoken German as well as good English skills complete your profile.
● Eligibility to work in the EU.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our long term incentive plan.
You will fit into a truly diverse team across 25 countries - what really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity. Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!