Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. We were founded in 2014 and joined forces with DoorDash in 2022 - of the 27 countries that DoorDash operates in today, 23 are with the Wolt product and brand.
To accelerate our journey beyond Restaurant food into Retail categories (e.g. Grocery, Health & Beauty, Pharmacy, Electronics etc.), we are looking for a Nordic Key Account Director, Retail to strengthen our global retail team.
In this role you will be directly driving the sales efforts for the biggest multinational retail partners in the Nordic region. You will work as part of the global team, but more importantly with all local markets in the region to ensure we get the best retail partners onboard. In this role you combine experience in enterprise sales and analytical performance management with commercial excellence to sign and grow new enterprise retail partners on Wolt.
The Nordic Key Account Director, Retail is responsible for negotiating, closing and executing deals with enterprise retailers, through collaboration with local teams. This person will help define and execute our regional retail enterprise sales strategy. Once partners have been onboarded to the platform, in one or multiple of our markets, this role will be taking part in ensuring their success and sales expansion.
You will lead complex, multi-party sales processes in a highly consultative manner. You are capable of engaging in business level and P&L focused conversations with C-level executives at some of the biggest multinational retailers but you can also help further strengthen the skillsets of our retail sales force in the markets. You naturally gravitate toward using data and insights to drive sales and account performance on the client-side, as well as on Wolt’s side. You are not afraid to dive into the details and coordinate local initiatives to unblock complexities and facilitate growth. Finally, you enjoy building - you like to experiment with new things to further develop our sales process in ways that we may not have explored before.
What you’ll be doing
- Structure, negotiate and drive execution of large scale multi-market retail deals, and make sure the partnership is growing across markets post launch.
- Ensure coordination between market teams that work with regional retail accounts to make sure they’re all in line with our competitive and commercial goals.
- Become a knowledge source and a go-to-person that consults markets on how to build their local enterprise strategy and supports them in closing and executing local enterprise deals.
- Develop Wolt’s enterprise partnerships playbooks, sales and account management materials, and toolkits for local markets.
- Work closely with Finance, Analytics, Marketing and Product teams to represent the markets’ needs for closing enterprise deals and make sure Wolt develops proper central tools to allow markets to maximize enterprise partnerships.
- Use data to drive commercial and strategic discussions around enterprise partnerships on a day-to-day basis.
- Be part of strengthening and expanding our global retail salesforce as we grow
- A proven deal closer and process builder with 10+ years of business development or sales experience, preferably a mix of startup and larger enterprise roles
- Experience in developing and implementing new ways of working towards commercial excellence in a global organization.
- Experience in developing and managing strategic partnerships with large (Fortune 500 scale) companies, preferably in the Technology, Retail or Grocery sector
- Great commercial skills - you have sharp instincts for the right opportunities but are equally comfortable modeling and articulating the P&L impact.
- You have strong analytical, financial and commercial acumen and are able to quickly identify performance issues and derive actionable insights.
- A team player and a leader with the ability to work hands on with local teams to rapidly deliver successful performance improvements with measurable impact.
- Flexible and adaptable - you can be highly strategic but also get into the details where needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Beneficial to be fluent in one or more Nordic languages (ideally Swedish)
- Willing to work in one of our Nordic hubs: Stockholm (potentially Oslo, Copenhagen or Helsinki)
If you are creative, like moving fast, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do (rather than wait to be told) – then apply today.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + stock options available
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Chene Elliot, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!