Are you an experienced law professional, with a genuine interest in the future of work, technological innovations and platform economy? Do you want to be part of building and scaling the international expansion in a truly global tech organization? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat! We are currently looking for a new team member responsible for a variety of legal matters with a focus on general civil and commercial law.
To achieve our ambitious growth targets, we are looking for a fantastic in-house Legal Counsel to support across all teams in the German market. Your main responsibility will be to provide legal support and guidance to our commercial teams, to ensure general compliance with e.g. consumer protection rights and manage and drive legal projects independently. Despite having an expertise on general legal matters you also have a business mindset to ensure that Wolt will reach its ambitious goals in Germany.
You will be based in Germany’s HQ in Berlin and you will work closely with our global Legal team members, especially other in-house and external counsels as well as other Wolt teams like our commercial teams, the marketing or restaurant teams.
The regulation in our space is evolving globally and becoming more challenging to navigate and manage as we scale, and your mission is to ensure that our growth is sustainable. We truly want you to be an expert in commercial and general civil law, but also someone who is curious and eager to learn and wants to be part of creating something new.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Together with our other in-house counsels, you will be responsible for all legal topics in Germany, ranging from general civil to commercial and consumer protection law.
- Act as the main point of contact for all legal related topics in Germany, but also taking ownership of driving compliance across all teams and always having the business growth in mind.
- Supporting our commercial teams in regards to drafting, amending and negotiating commercial agreements with our restaurant and retail partners.
- Identifying proactively development possibilities as well as sharing global legal developments and other insights with internal stakeholders.
- Analyzing complicated legal challenges, “translate” their implications to non-legal stakeholders and work through practical solutions.
- Manage possible litigations and regulatory proceedings using outside counsel, as needed.
- Keeping yourself up to date on the industry and proactively take action and share knowledge and insights with other team members.
- 4+ years of legal experience as in-house counsel or from a law firm in an international setting.
- Fully German qualified lawyer
- Strong experience of advising on general civil and commercial law related matters in Germany, experience from working with diverse teams in an international setting is an asset.
- Be a passionate generalist and confident in working with all legal matters and advising all teams in the organization.
- Experience in working in close cooperation with internal and external legal teams and on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to effectively weigh risks and payoffs in a number of scenarios and choose solutions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solutions-driven can-do attitude is an absolute must.
- Quick thinking and the type of person who rolls up their sleeves and gets to work, no matter the task.
- Fluent in English and German.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our long term incentive plan.
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!