We are building a new business within the business and need a true owner to develop this new vertical. The potential is huge and we are thus looking for an experienced sales/strategy/business development professional that is excited in playing a key role in disrupting the last-mile logistics industry. If this sounds exciting and you like being hands-on, then we might have the perfect opportunity for you!
At Wolt we’re on a mission to make cities a better place to live with the help of technology. We are best known for our food delivery platform but are now on a journey to become an ‘’everything’’ app so you can get almost anything in your city delivered to your doorstep in less than an hour.
We launched Berlin, our very first city in Germany in 2020, and have grown rapidly since then, expanding our presence to 17 cities (and still counting). And now we are up to building yet another new vertical!
As Lead of Wolt Drive, you will take ownership of Wolt Drive’s business in Germany with everything it entails. You will be responsible for building a new business line from the ground up, continuously improving product-market fit, and eventually full-scaling of our Wolt Drive business to partners and customers. You will be the key to making Wolt Drive a success in your market as well as building a sound P&L. The role involves tight collaboration with the product team as well as the restaurant, retail, and marketing teams to build a winning proposition. We have a great base to start from, and your focus will be to establish and scale this up in the local market.
What you’ll be doing
- Be the owner of this new vertical including full P&L ownership and owning commercial and operational KPIs
- Building a go-to-market strategy for Wolt Drive for Germany.
- Establish new strategic partnerships with partners that would benefit from Wolt Drive services.
- Driving and managing growth of the existing accounts.
- Being the client representatives' trusted advisor, helping them overcome any issues related to the Wolt services.
- Making sound business decisions by using data to support your intuition.
- Work closely with Wolt leadership and cross-functional teams (Product, Analytics, Marketing, Operations, Support and others) to provide a winning proposition for the market.
- Working closely together with our restaurant sales and retail sales teams to develop opportunities for expanding our existing partnerships to Wolt Drive.
- Ensure we have the right integrations in place to win the market.
- Fluent in German and Excellent English Skills
- Previous success within solution sales or business development. SaaS, marketplace, eCommerce, or last-mile logistic-related sales experience is a big advantage.
- Previous experience in P&L ownership is a plus but not a requirement.
- You have demonstrated the ability to close partnerships with various company sizes (from C-level executives to small business owners).
- Excellent commercial and strategic thinking - you are great at strategizing and building a business from scratch. Moreover, you can quickly pick up different business models and spot opportunities and bottlenecks.
- You have previously collaborated with teams internally to make long and complex deals come to life.
What is Wolt Drive
Wolt Drive is “delivery-as-a-service” and the fastest way to get any online purchases delivered to the doorstep - providing an affordable ultra fast last mile delivery option for businesses as well as consumers. We believe that every business - small or large - should be able to connect with their customers instantly and we will provide the engine to do so. We already have an industry- leading last-mile logistics platform and partnerships with thousands of riders across countries and can now offer that solution to partners outside of the Wolt Platform.