We're looking for an awesome someone to join Supply & Demand team, within the Courier Group.
The Supply & Demand team builds tooling and automation for understanding and managing courier supply and customer demand. Topics include e.g. forecasting, supply signalling, demand shaping, and dynamic pricing.
We're looking for someone to take the helm of the Data Science Team Lead role in one of the domains mentioned above. These are cross-functional teams where data scientists work together with engineers, designers, and product and analytics people owning that domain end to end. The engineers and other people have their own leads. Your focus is going to be on the Data Science side.
You know what it takes to scale Data Science as a function, take exceptional care of exceptional people, and above all: take our Data Science to the next level by also working hands-on owning Machine Learning use cases as part of that team. You'll be a facilitator and an enabler for the team to do what they do best by making personal development plans, hosting regular 1on1s, and so forth.
We’ll be looking for you to facilitate the future of Data Science at Wolt, whether that’s hiring new team members, levelling up Data Science across the company, or helping the organization to understand the possibilities of Data Science and Machine Learning.
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here. If you live outside of these countries - not to worry! We provide relocation support to help you make your way to Finland, Germany or Sweden.
What we hope from you is that you first and foremost identify yourself as a Data Science enthusiast. Solving problems and making a business impact via Data Science is what makes you jump for joy!
- You have previous experience building Data Science and Machine Learning solutions with a measurable impact. You understand how to build data products, and deeply care about the end user experience;
- You also understand what it takes to build production-level ML solutions, and can help the team members with technical challenges;
- We would also like you to have strong experience in leading a technical Data Science team to make sure we keep on improving our DS best practices at Wolt while taking care of our people;
- You have previous experience from making personal development plans, hosting regular 1on1s, and taking part in recruitment;
- You have plenty of previous hands-on experience with production-level Data Science projects (from prototyping to maintaining and improving production-ready solutions);
- Deep understanding and experience with Machine Learning, a solid understanding of Statistics, and experience with Operations Research and Optimization, Logistics and Supply & Demand is a very interesting plus;
- You’ll also need to be the representative of your function towards the rest of the organization, so strong communication and presentation skills are needed;
- Lastly, as this is a team effort you have to be a strong cultural leader that cares for the well-being and constant improvement of your team members and represents Wolt values as your daily work.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Fernanda Prado (firstname.lastname@example.org).