Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to home or to the office. Our local commerce platform makes it easy for customers to order whatever they need on one app, for merchants to make additional sales, and for couriers to make meaningful earnings flexibly. To enable this, Wolt develops a wide range of technologies from local commerce platform to retail software and financial solutions, as well as operates its own grocery stores under the brand Wolt Market. Wolt was founded in 2014 and joined forces with DoorDash in 2022. DoorDash operates in 27 countries today, 23 of which are with the Wolt product and brand.
So, why work at Wolt?
At Wolt, we’re about getting things done.
You’ll probably enjoy it here if you like taking ownership, developing yourself and being around friendly, humble and ambitious people.
We work hard to make cities into better places, and it’s pretty cool seeing us grow every week. If you’re passionate about building things that just… work, Wolt might be for you.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We want to have all sorts of people in our team – people like you and me, and people different from you and me. To be able to work with diverse teammates – when it comes to gender, age, ethnicity, life background, sexual orientation, political views, religion, or any other personal trait – we consciously aim to offer equal opportunity for everyone to work with us. This is because we believe diverse teams make the most thought-through decisions and build things in the most inclusive way.
Join us today to build Wolt together.
In the Operations Team we focus on our Courier Partners, in Denmark we currently partner with over 6000 couriers across 50 cities! We ensure the right amount of courier partners to meet the order demand, by constantly developing courier partner satisfaction and smooth, scalable processes.
We are now looking for a Head of Operations for Wolt Denmark, to ensure we continue to improve our Courier Partners experience and partnership with Wolt. As our Head of Operations, you’ll report directly to the General Manager and be a key part of the leadership team of Denmark. This role is a perfect mix of hands-on and highly strategic impactful work. At Wolt, we know how and when to operate at the lowest level of detail and when to zoom out and think of the bigger picture. All of this requires both leadership and analytical skills, getting down into the details and working well together with your General Manager, as well as the rest of your country team. As delivery is a big part of the operations you will also have a substantial P&L responsibility.
What you'll be doing
- You are responsible for all KPIs related to the efficiency and quality of our delivery operations: delivery time, timely delivery, cost per delivery etc.
- Leading the operations team of approximately 20 employees in Denmark and recruiting needed talent.
- Developing and maintaining efficient delivery operations across Denmark to provide good customer experiences.
- Working closely with central delivery operations teams in HQ
- Owning Courier supply planning and acquisition of courier partners
- Ensuring fair and efficient courier pricing
- Creating and improving business processes that drive the operation towards efficiency and profitability, while allowing the business to scale
- Working closely with the General Manager and the rest of the leadership team on developing the local business strategy and business development initiatives
- You have excellent leadership skills and the ability to show direction, as well as the genuine will to support your team members and your courier partners on their way.
- You have experience working within operations and strategic business development in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re highly analytical and able to navigate complex business data, make critical decisions, then check on the results and refine your actions going forward
- You’ll take pride in being a part of the leadership team and wider decision making, while taking responsibility in leading your own parts of the operations
- You are ambitious and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- You have an attitude for action and ownership. You are constantly looking for opportunities to improve and have the determination to drive change
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership of things you care about, and being part of an ambitious group of professionals, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
You will fit into a truly diverse team across 27 countries - what really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity. Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: Lucia Bryce, Talent Acquisition Partner at email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application in English through our careers website!