Customer experience is in the center of everything we do. From the selection we offer to the ordering processes itself all the way to getting all the right items delivered in time, we are focused on delighting the customer on every step of the way. Since launching our app in 2014, we have been pushing the boundaries of great customer experience further and further.
Retail is a major growth area for Wolt and grocery is a key category within Wolt’s Retail offering. Already today, many of the leading global and regional grocers and other retailers partner with Wolt thereby enabling customers to get a wide selection of retail goods to their home in 30 minutes.
Offering groceries and other retail products to our customers from our partners’ stores requires different technologies and operations compared to restaurant food delivery. The selections and order sizes are larger and the orders need to be picked fast and correctly from the store. We also need reliable and up to date information on the merchants’ inventory levels and prices to ensure a smooth customer experience. It is not easy to get this right and we need to continuously improve in order to raise the bar for what a great retail delivery means.
We are now looking for an ambitious and top performing talent to join us and play a pivotal role in building world class (in all 25 countries) retail operations together with our merchant partners while leveraging and helping to build world class technologies and processes. This role is part of our Global Partner Retail team and reports directly to Wolt’s Global Head of Partner Retail.
What you’ll be doing
- Subject matter expert in continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Perform quantitative analysis of key processes to proactively identify opportunities for process improvement including recommended courses of actions
- Develop deep understanding of the key issues and root causes in our retail tools and operations by working with our local country teams and merchants (often on site)
- Together with our global teams, country teams and merchant partners, develop and roll-out solutions that fix these issues
- For product improvements, gather requirements from appropriate stakeholders, write clear and detailed functional specifications and drive technical scoping and prioritization as needed
- Insert and expand a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement in our retail operations, thereby setting in the foundations for long-term success
- Ensure coordination between country teams to ensure best practice sharing and common development towards our operational goals in retail
- Develop Wolt’s retail operations playbooks that will serve manuals on how we operate with our merchant partners and can be leveraged by people ranging from new joiners at Wolt to our key strategic merchant partners alike
- Deep expertise in operational improvements (Kaizen, Six Sigma) in the area of warehouse operations or similar
- Experience in developing and implementing new ways of working to drive operational excellence in a global organization.
- Experience in working together with merchants/partners to identify issues, develop solutions and bring those solutions back to relevant teams in order to drive clear operational improvements
- You have strong analytical, financial and commercial acumen and are able to quickly identify performance issues and derive actionable insights
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience in groceries and/or e-commerce is a plus
- Willing to travel and work in person on site with the country teams and our merchants
- Willing to work in one of our global hubs: Ideally Helsinki or Berlin but negotiable
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment.
- Competitive salary and flexible working model.
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company.
- Along with benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
We're reviewing applications on an ongoing basis, so if we got you excited, click below right away
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Chene Elliot Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!