Wolt is a Helsinki-based technology company that provides an online platform for consumers, merchants and couriers. It connects people looking to order food and other goods with people interested in selling and delivering them. To enable this, Wolt develops a wide range of technologies from local logistics to retail software and financial solutions – as well as operating its own grocery stores under the Wolt Market brand. Wolt’s products include Wolt+ (subscription service for customers), Wolt for Work (meal benefits and office deliveries for companies), Wolt Drive (fast last-mile deliveries for merchants) and Wolt Self-Delivery (service for merchant partners with their own delivery staff).
Wolt’s mission is to make cities better by empowering and growing local communities. Wolt was founded in 2014 and joined forces with DoorDash in 2022. DoorDash operates in 29 countries today, 25 of which are with the Wolt product and brand.
Wolt is known for its customer-obsession and great support experience. We are fast, local, and personal: we have local customer support in all the countries we’re in, and more than 3,000 real humans answering customers and partners in their own language. Ultimately, we have no license to operate if we do not serve our customers in a brilliant way, and therefore we are pushing for the best real-time customer support in the world.
Wolt’s Global Support Operations team helps our countries manage and grow their support teams, deliver amazing customer experience and drive operational excellence. We shape and drive long-term strategy, scalable processes, and world class tooling globally across our entire base of support operations. We work closely with our local teams, general management and key functional leaders such as product and analytics, and drive forward company-wide projects with high strategic importance.
We are now looking for an experienced Head of Content, Quality and Training to join the team and play a critical role improving our operating models across our markets. This role is responsible for equipping our 3000 associates with the skills, tools and mindset they need to be successful at Wolt. This includes access to content that easily allows them to make the right decisions, training to onboard and upskill, as well as quality assessment and feedback on areas for improvement.
You will lead a team to define our strategic priorities across our policies, quality management as well as training to enhance our unique customer experience further . You’ll then work closely together with cross-functional stakeholders to execute those projects. Concretely, you could lead projects in areas such as:
- Support quality: Defining, monitoring, and setting targets for our quality metrics. Identifying major gaps based on the quality assessment and driving improvements through either training or process changes
- Reduce time to onboard: Develop our training program to reduce the time it takes to onboard new support associates
- Customer refund policy: figuring out and implementing the optimal reimbursements in case of late orders or missing items, maximizing customer happiness and retention while containing costs
To succeed in the role, you must be comfortable working at both ends of the spectrum - you’ll be building the high-level strategy and also rolling up your sleeves to get things done! In return, you’ll get to say you and your team have scaled world-class support across 25 countries.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the global Content, Quality and Training teams to set the unified strategy for Wolt in these areas, identity projects that align with our overall strategy, and drive execution working closely with local teams
- Develop and scale Wolt’s operations model across functions - find opportunities to improve our tools, product and processes to allow our business to scale.
- Lead company-wide strategic initiatives and manage stakeholders across our local operations teams in 25 countries to improve operative performance and productivity of the company.
- Be the custodian of Wolt’s unique Tone of Voice as we scale - develop practices that maintain our customer-centricity
- You are an experienced professional in Customer Service / Support, with a proven track record from leading and hiring a high-performing team.
- Deeply knowledgeable about building a Quality and Training function from scratch, in a multi-country, distributed set up
- Stellar capabilities in strategic thinking and analytical execution. Excel is a must, but you’ll find SQL and Python useful as well.
- Structured, logical problem solving skills with a bias for action and impact, and preference for step changes over incremental improvement.
- Excellent people skills. In order to make any impact, you need to be able to win stakeholders to your side.
- Proactive ownership mentality - an independent thinker who can work with limited guidance, but through grit and determination can deliver a successful outcome.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Eligible to work in the EU, and willingness to (re)locate to one of our business focal points, in Helsinki or Berlin.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to take part in a new area of Indirect Procurement and build it from ground up
- Kick-off your career in Procurement, by learning from the best specialists in the Indirect categories
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary and benefits.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Chene Elliot, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!