Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. In 2017, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re a team of 8000+ people in 25 countries and over 500+ cities, servicing over 29M registered users and have 50+ Wolt Market stores across our Wolt markets. As the platform economy is changing the ways consumers connect with restaurants and retailers, we are seeing a huge opportunity to be the industry leader with the amazing teams we have built globally.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and world-leading customer experience. People across our markets can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep at Lightspeed! This would not be possible or sustainable without a very strong operations function.
Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. We are looking for a Global Inventory Control Manager, to take our inventory accuracy and stock count processes to the next level. The role will be critical in defining and building the optimal systems, processes, reports and playbook for our in-store stock count operations, reducing errors, and optimizing customer experience.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way but you are also expected to be an amazing independent contributor with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Own the design, and implementation of inventory control for Wolt Market (WM) globally, in closely collaborating with local store ops and inventory management teams.
- In collaboration with our finance team, ensure compliance with local regulations in 20+ countries, SOX required inventory count, and global standards.
- Design, train, and audit store ops teams on standard processes, reducing count errors, ensuring inventory accuracy and subsequently improving customer experience. Keeping standards updated and available to the store ops team.
- Develop dashboards that allow us to control stock count progress and quickly identify and address any discrepancies or issues.
- Drive kaizen projects to either improve global results or bring a country/store to the desired level. Partnering with Operation Managers (OMs) in developing and testing hypotheses, looking for relevant data, finding root causes, designing solutions, giving recommendations, and if necessary controlling/implementing the execution of the recommendations.
- Confirm processes in own and 3P distribution centers, ensuring compliance with agreements and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Work with our security team to define and implement loss prevention standards.
- Work with the Head of Store Operations and Product team on the design and improvement of our WMS.
- Lead/Support the design and implementation of processes in other areas, in collaboration with the Global Store Ops team, reducing errors in daily routines, improving availability, reducing shrinkage, improving productivity and/or cycle time
- Be prepared to travel to stores within our network, understanding problems from their source and working alongside local leaders on the solutions.
- Relevant inventory control experience (e.g. retail/e-commerce operations, grocery store chain or a scale-up/innovative business). Experience in e-commerce or on-demand fulfillment is a strong plus.
- Experience designing processes, documenting and maintaining SOPs, training ops teams, and auditing compliance on the shop floor.
- Intermediate skills in data visualization tools, preferred Looker (e.g ability to create custom attributes, custom dashboards with filters, merge queries), or other data visualization systems (e.g Tableau, Data Studio). Basic SQL skills are a plus.
- Process optimization is in your DNA. Working knowledge of Lean tools is preferred.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally with an eye for detail.
- A hands-on, proactive, practical, pragmatic attitude.
- Availability to regularly travel to our 20+ countries
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team redefining grocery shopping, then click below to apply and get the conversation going! Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
This job can be based in one of following locations: Berlin, Helsinki, Athens.
Application deadline is October 3rd. Interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline.
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to: Caroline Sørensen at email@example.com