Our Merchant partners (read e.g. Restaurants and Retail stores) are a critical part of our business. We enable new growth opportunities through our platform while at the same time providing our end customers new and interesting offerings. Today, our network covers +120 000 Merchant Partners in 25 countries. We’re now in the process of stepping up our game on how we grow the Merchant network and also how we track our performance towards the Merchant operations. This is where you come into the picture.
We’re building a new team around the Merchant Finance & Strategy operations to partner up with our Merchant team counterparts, providing them support and insights into how we’re performing in this space. This is where you could get the opportunity to join our awesome crew of people in the role of a Manager, Merchant Finance & Strategy.
In this role you’ll define and develop how we view our Merchant Partners and related activities from a performance perspective by building something of a “Merchant P&L”. You’ll also have a role in managing the weekly reporting cadences and making sure we can efficiently report on our performance to all of our stakeholders and supporting them in coming up with development opportunities or areas to look over more closely. Over time you would also get to look over our other B2B services like Wolt Drive and Self Delivery and build a similar framework suitable for these (and potential future) business models.
You would be supported by the Director of Merchant Finance & Strategy and your key counterparts would sit in both our global Merchant team as well as in our local teams. You would also get to work closely with our regional Finance & Strategy colleagues who are overlooking the whole P&L for our 25 countries.
- The Finance & Strategy (F&S) team ensures that our top management, both central and in the 25 countries that we operate in, have timely, correct and insightful information at hand for decision making. We strive to help and challenge our stakeholders to make sure we’re optimizing all aspects of the business.
- We’re responsible for Wolt’s management reporting, P&L analysis, forecasting & budgeting processes and planning systems. Our stakeholders vary from our investors and top executives to country and functional leadership, as well as the wider finance team that we’re an integral part of.
- We at Wolt make decisions based on analysis and data, and thus the ability to work with numbers is part of our DNA. Most people at Wolt crunch data on a daily basis, including our CEO. In this company figures really matter, which makes your role all the more important.
What you'll be doing:
- Refine the P&L and KPIs for our Merchant operations and implement the technical tracking of these towards plans
- Run the weekly reporting process, provide our central and local teams with insights and keep them honest on how we’re tracking towards our targets
- Working closely with local Merchant teams and business line management, support their work with reports, analyses and insights
- Develop forecasting methods and logic used for business planning at Wolt
- Develop financial models and scenarios to support business planning and decision-making
- Over time you’ll likely also start zooming into our other B2B business areas and in a similar fashion build the performance management reporting for those as well (e.g. Wolt Drive, Self Delivery)
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field
- 6+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis, preferably from a role overseeing “tens of thousands” of customers
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in financial modeling and analysis tools (e.g. Excel, Looker, Power BI)
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting standards
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex financial information in a clear and concise manner, in English
- Ability to influence senior leaders, working independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
If you are creative, like moving fast, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do (rather than wait to be told) – then apply today.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + long term incentive plan available
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Roman Jagela, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!