Our Merchant partners (read e.g. Restaurants and Retail stores) are a critical part of our business in that we enable them new growth opportunities through our platform while at the same time providing our end customers new and interesting offerings. Today, our network covers +120 000 Merchant Partners in 25 countries. We’re now in the process of stepping up our game on how we grow this Merchant network and also how we track our performance towards the Merchant operations (acquiring new ones, onboarding, managing existing ones etc.). This is where you come into the picture.
We’re building a new team around the Merchant Finance & Strategy operations to partner up with our Merchant team counterparts, providing them support and insights into how we’re performing in this space. This is where you could get the opportunity to join our awesome crew of people in the role of a Manager, Merchant Finance & Strategy.
In short, your role would consist of overseeing how we perform with our Merchant Partners over their life cycle. Think of e.g. looking at how our onboarding funnel is developing, what’s our acquisition and onboarding efficiency per FTE, what’s our cost per onboarded Merchant Partner, what is our churn looking like etc. The scope of the role would cover all of the Wolt markets which today count as 25 countries!
You would be supported by the Director of Merchant Finance & Strategy and your key counterparts would sit in both our global Merchant team as well as in our local teams. You would also get to work closely with our regional Finance & Strategy colleagues who are overlooking the whole P&L for our 25 countries.
- The Finance & Strategy (F&S) team ensures that our top management, both central and in the 25 countries that we operate in, have timely, correct and insightful information at hand for decision making. We strive to help and challenge our stakeholders to make sure we’re optimizing all aspects of the business.
- We’re responsible for Wolt’s management reporting, P&L analysis, forecasting & budgeting processes and planning systems. Our stakeholders vary from our investors and top executives to country and functional leadership, as well as the wider finance team that we’re an integral part of.
- We at Wolt make decisions based on analysis and data, and thus the ability to work with numbers is part of our DNA. Most people at Wolt crunch data on a daily basis, including our CEO. In this company figures really matter, which makes your role all the more important.
- Create the performance management framework for how we generate leads, onboard and manage existing Merchant Partners on our platform
- Harmonize the metrics we track over the Merchant Partner life cycle, build the follow up and planning process
- Bring new insights and proposals into how we deal with Merchant Partner gear (i.e. looking at he balance sheet side as well)
- Set up weekly reporting process and manage preparations of management reports opening up the high and low lights in this area; you’ll also assess where we will land in a year or so with current course and speed
- Support with ad hoc requests whenever we identify something being off in the trends or want to assess new opportunities; work together with our analytics team and local Merchant Partner teams in bringing forth these insights and define improvement actions
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field
- 6+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis
- You’ve worked in roles revolving around customer funnel analytics & performance management
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in financial modeling and analysis tools (e.g. Excel, Looker, Power BI)
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting standards
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex financial information in a clear and concise manner, in English
- Ability to influence senior leaders, working independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
If you are creative, like moving fast, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do (rather than wait to be told) – then apply today.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + long term incentive plan available
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Roman Jagela, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!