Our Merchant partners (read e.g. Restaurants and Retail stores) are a critical part of our business in that we enable them new growth opportunities through our platform while at the same time providing our end customers new and interesting offerings. Today, our network covers +120 000 Merchant Partners in 25 countries. We’re now in the process of stepping up our game on how we grow this Merchant network and also how we track our performance towards the Merchant operations (acquiring new ones, onboarding, managing existing ones etc.). This is where you come into the picture.
We’re building a new team around the Merchant Finance & Strategy operations to partner up with our Merchant team counterparts, providing them support and insights into how we’re performing in this space. This is where you could get the opportunity to join our awesome crew of people in the role of a Manager, Merchant Finance & Strategy to start operating what we call the Merchant Deal Desk.
In short, you’d be overseeing the bigger deals and commitments we consider doing with our enterprise customers. You would work closely with the local teams in assessing commercial terms of the contracts and provide insights and guidance for which terms and conditions we could consider committing to while striking a balance between Wolt’s and the Merchant Partners’ interests.
You would be supported by the Director of Merchant Finance & Strategy and your key counterparts would sit in both our global Merchant team as well as in our local teams. You would also get to work closely with our regional Finance & Strategy colleagues who are overlooking the whole P&L for our 25 countries.
- The Finance & Strategy (F&S) team ensures that our top management, both central and in the 25 countries that we operate in, have timely, correct and insightful information at hand for decision making. We strive to help and challenge our stakeholders to make sure we’re optimizing all aspects of the business.
- We’re responsible for Wolt’s management reporting, P&L analysis, forecasting & budgeting processes and planning systems. Our stakeholders vary from our investors and top executives to country and functional leadership, as well as the wider finance team that we’re an integral part of.
- We at Wolt make decisions based on analysis and data, and thus the ability to work with numbers is part of our DNA. Most people at Wolt crunch data on a daily basis, including our CEO. In this company figures really matter, which makes your role all the more important.
- Establish and run what we call the “Merchant Deal Desk” and together with our regional Finance & Strategy teams you’ll come up with a process for how we optimize for speed in deal making and being diligent enough to ensure our commitments are made on a sound commercial basis
- Formalize how we assess the deals we’re considering to make; think of it as standardizing our ways of assessing the ROI under different terms in a standardized way
- You’ll manage the actual decision making process, i.e. support in the creation of the deal term assessment and engage with the Wolt leadership in forming the go/no-go decision
- Keep track of deals made and keep us honest about how we’re actually performing in this area
- Support and educate local teams with best practices and lessons learned from other countries - what kind of structures and terms have we used elsewhere and which appear to bring the best return for us
- Over time the role might grow into something even bigger depending on where we’ll eventually put the pin in the balance between the central and local F&S teams
- As per usual, there will likely also be different kinds of ad hoc requests and support in areas relating to our Merchant Partner performance
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field
- You’re seasoned in working either as a part of commercial teams or close to such (e.g. Commercial Business Controller or similar)
- Negotiations, commercial terms and conditions are no strangers to you
- Solid skills in financial modeling and creating clear analyses and scenarios to support decision making
- You’re used to working with different BI tools and you’re not afraid of digging for data by your own hands (Looker is our tool of choice, combined with spreadhseets)
- Ability to stand your ground and influence senior leaders whenever you have the case for it - this is a topic that inherently comes loaded with conflicting interests in closing deals quickly vs making sure there closed with proper terms
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex financial information in a clear and concise manner, in English
If you are creative, like moving fast, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do (rather than wait to be told) – then apply today.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + long term incentive plan available
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Roman Jagela, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!