About the Global Merchant Team
On the Global Merchant team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant and store selection for consumers and build products and services for our merchants to grow their businesses profitably on Wolt. In doing so, we partner up closely with the commercial teams in our 25 countries.
Our five global subteams focus on distinct areas of the merchant lifecycle and experience but also our internal efficiency related to reaching our mission:
- The Merchant S&O (Strategy & Operations) team is responsible for our merchant and selection strategy, merchant experience, planning and performance tracking, operating model design as well as commercial go-to-market approaches
- The Sales S&O team owns and develops the goaling, sales operations processes, tools and enablement programs to support and improve the productivity of our local pre- and post-sales teams
- The Merchant Operations subteam focuses on smooth execution of core processes such as onboarding, in-store flows, self-service tooling and integrations - this in a very tight collaboration with our product teams
- The Enterprise team works directly with global current and prospective merchant partners to unlock and grow our joint business
- The B2B subteam owns and develops some of our newer service offerings for merchants - such as logistics as a service (Drive)
About the Role
As the leader of the Merchant S&O team, you will have the pivotal role of defining the Merchant strategy of Wolt, designing and implementing the cornerstones of how we operate as well as having overall ownership of goaling and performance tracking of our Mx efforts. You will report into our VP, Merchant, while working closely with both the other Merchant teams, as well as key stakeholders around the organization (finance, analytics, marketing).
You will build the global international Wolt team in this area, and together with them be the main go to person for our 25 countries when it comes to thinking through and executing their respective local Merchant strategies and performance. This will involve creating and executing go-to-market strategies, testing your hypotheses through pilots and hacky experiments, and influencing cross-functional teams to ensure velocity, quality and focus.
What you will be doing
- Shape and define our Mx strategy based on quantitative and qualitative data - incl. owning the success of restaurant satisfaction by enabling restaurants to manage and grow their business through Wolt
- Define and plan our overall Merchant goals, how we measure and track performance, lead with data - and ensure we have a collective plan of initiatives to get where we want to be by distributing goals
- Owning the design of our merchant operating model and support countries on the implementation journey with the team
- Serve as the voice of the Merchant in internal forums, representing the merchant needs across a variety of teams and gathering insights from our merchant interfaces
- Partner with our local countries to ensure successful implementation of local Mx strategies
- Partner with product and engineering to drive changes to the platform, owning and/or partnering in go-to-market for relevant new product launches
- You want to affect change every day, are result-oriented and can operate in fast-paced environments. You are excited to shape the direction of the company
- You do not shy away from getting your hands dirty, building and testing - you are comfortable in a place where the playbooks are still to be defined and built
- You do not mind being both the manager and the analyst at the start.
- You enjoy solving problems and can translate high-level goals into executional plans
- You have an ability to build cross-functional partnerships at all levels across technical and non-technical teams to achieve common goals
- You have 7+ years work experience in consulting, investment banking, operations, technology, startups, or related experiences. A combination of 2 or more of these experiences is a plus.
- You are comfortable with data and have solid analytical skills (SQL a plus)
- You communicate clearly and concisely in written and verbal comms
- You have led teams and demonstrated success in fast-paced, ambiguous environments
If you are creative, like moving fast, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do (rather than wait to be told) – then apply today.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + stock options available