Wolt is hiring a Senior Lawyer to take ownership of legal support for central commercial efforts in relation to Wolt’s merchant partners, including Enterprise sales support, merchant contracts template management, sales compliance and legal go-to-market support of new Merchant products and features. In this new role, you will be the direct counterpart and support for Wolt’s Merchant team, responsible for Wolt’s commercial efforts, and work closely with other legal team members and other stakeholders.
You will be bringing your deep expertise and drive the legal support in negotiations and contracting of complex, multi-country and multi-product deals. Further, you will be in the driver's seat of setting up new processes and legal frameworks for enabling our sales and commercial efforts across our various geographies. You will also support swift and rigorous launch of new Merchant product features, working closely with other legal team members.
We’re looking for someone who can tackle a number of complicated legal issues and understands the Wolt way of doing things – a problem solver and a solution-oriented business enabler. Our ideal team member is flexible and open for change, dynamic and proactively gets things done. We also appreciate quick thinking and a can-do attitude of rolling up one’s sleeves and getting to work, no matter the task.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Draft and negotiate complex commercial agreements, from contracts with major restaurant brands, high-value marketing arrangements, strategic partnership agreements, to terms that ensure the launch of new products and partnerships.
- Take on high-impact projects in a fast-speed environment. Support complex sales efforts for the biggest multinational merchants at Wolt.
- Manage and improve contract templates and legal processes in Wolt’s 20+ countries. As we grow, you'll improve existing tools and playbooks and design new processes that help our business to scale.
- Have an opportunity to build and manage a team over time.
- You’ll also be a trusted advisor in negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, proactively taking into account both business aspects and regulatory compliance in your work.
- Relevant stakeholders for this role include central leadership for the Merchant team including Enterprise sales and sales compliance, Wolt’s Product organization, and your team members in Wolt’s Legal team.
- You will ideally be based in Helsinki but also other locations within Wolt’s operating countries may be considered.
- 10+ years of post-graduation experience as an in-house counsel and/or from a law firm in an international setting. In-house experience is considered as a benefit.
- Master of Laws degree from a reputable university in the EU, or if from outside of the EU, deep knowledge and experience from working with EU laws and regulations is required.
- You have a strong track record of drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements, including sales, MSAs, software and technology agreements, and partnership agreements, as well as creating repeatable, scalable processes in an international setting.
- You have a proven ability to balance legal risk and business objectives.
- You are able to work autonomously while exercising sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- You are comfortable making decisions and relish ownership over projects.
- Experience in leading people and teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
At Wolt, We’re About Getting Things Done.
You’ll probably enjoy it here if you like taking ownership, developing yourself and being around friendly, humble and ambitious people.
We work hard to make cities into better places, and it’s pretty cool seeing us grow every week. If you’re passionate about building things that just… work, Wolt might be for you.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: Kris Connabeer, Talent Acquisition Partner - Kristofor.Connabeer@external.wolt.com