We are seeking an experienced Director, Finance & Strategy to join our team, supporting the Operations and Quality global function.
Operations and Quality is responsible for our global courier operations, support operations as well as trust & safety. The function ensures we have the right courier supply balance, improves efficiency across our courier operations and helps courier partners deliver more with fair compensation. The function also drives the development and execution of comprehensive strategies, policies and initiatives as we’re pushing to have the best real-time customer support in the world.
This is a key role for the success of Wolt, strategically and financially. In this role, you will be contributing to our success through owning the Operations and Quality profit and loss statement from a finance perspective, supporting the function leadership in establishing a vision forward, setting ambitious targets and supporting in reaching them. Your work will cover performance tracking, developing financial models, analyzing data and providing valuable business insights for decision making. You will be the key financial and strategy partner for Operations and Quality functions in Wolt globally. You will build and lead a team dedicated to these efforts.
This role is located in the global Finance & Strategy team, closely partnering up with our Global Head of Operations and Quality. In your work, you will also collaborate closely with accounting, analytics, product and local market teams. Our finance and analytics teams provide the treasure trove of high quality data for you to base your work on, and you will jointly develop our reporting and data structures with them to enable us to do even more. There are exciting opportunities in product development, and you will participate in that work, helping us prioritize our efforts as we unlock even more possibilities for us and our partners to succeed through technology. Ultimately, our local markets are executing the plans and you will work closely with them to make our visions become reality.
- Provide financial and strategic targets, follow-up and guidance to our Operations and Quality leadership.
- Identify and analyze trends, variances, and key performance indicators to provide insights and recommendations to management.
- Develop financial models and scenarios to support business planning and decision-making.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports, including weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports, forecasts and budgets for Operations and Quality
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales, marketing, and operations to understand business drivers and influence decision making
- Develop and maintain financial reporting and analysis tools to enhance the accuracy and efficiency of financial analysis
- Support ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting requests as needed
- Continue to develop accurate and effective financial reporting for Operations and Quality, ensuring accuracy and completeness of financial data and compliance with accounting standards and policies
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in financial planning and analysis, preferably within operations or tech industry
- Ability to influence senior leaders, working independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in financial modeling and analysis tools (e.g. Excel, Looker, Power BI). Experience and ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting standards
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex financial information in a clear and concise manner
If you are excited about working with the nicest people, in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an ambitious team, then click below to apply, and let's get the conversation going!
What You'll Get By Joining Us:
- An opportunity to be part of building something exceptional in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Eligibility for our equity plan
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Kalle Sundell, Talent Acquisition Partner - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!