Do you love telling stories through facts, data, and compelling language? Are you a curious person who loves to dive deeper into interesting topics? Do you find new situations, cultures, and contexts thrilling? If your answer to the above questions is “yes yes and yes again,'' you might be exactly who we’re looking for.
Wolt has grown quickly. Just 4 years ago, we operated in 4 countries and 10 cities in the Nordics – fast forward to today and we help restaurants, merchants, and courier partners earn, and our customers discover and get great food and goods in 25 countries and 500+ cities across EMEA. In the east region, we are in 3 countries and 42 cities. Today, Wolt is made by 9000+ dedicated people, 16 of whom handle our comms and PR across our 25 markets.
We are now looking for a new Communications Manager for Wolt East to join the fun and challenging space of communications and PR. As the Communications Manager for Wolts Eastern Region, you’ll play a critical role in driving the way we communicate about Wolt to the media, as well as our stakeholders, including courier and merchant partners. You will own communications for Wolt in Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Kazakhstan, create compelling local narratives that support our business in the region, as well as react to ongoing opportunities. This role plays a critical part in developing Wolt’s public perception in all three markets, through different types of proactive and reactive communications efforts across multiple areas of business.
Our communications team is looking for a stellar individual – someone who is experienced in strategic communications, public and media relations, crisis communications, and project management. As the business is growing, we need more muscle to join our forces and handle external communications in our East region as well as support the team with other countries, when needed.
The Communications Manager will be part of the Communications team in Helsinki, but will be located in Georgia, and work closely with the Regional Manager, the General Manager of the three markets as well as their management teams.
What you’ll be doing
- Plan, execute and measure proactive communications efforts on both owned and earned (corporate) channels.
- Be part of the leadership teams in your region, and help set the strategy for the markets.
- Provide guidance to the local leadership teams, including counseling in crisis situations across the region.
- Own media relations work in all three countries, including building strong relationships with key outlets, acting as the point of contact for journalists and handling inbound inquiries.
- Support our public policy work and dialogue with the relevant decision makers across the region by helping us find the right tone of voice.
- Develop great written materials (e.g. press releases, blog posts, Q&A’s, social media posts and more) for internal and external use.
- Keep an eye on how Wolt’s perception develops across the region by monitoring the traditional and social media.
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising.
- Experience in strategic communications, public and media relations, crisis communications and project management
- 10+ years of experience in communications and PR at an agency or company
- Fluent in Georgian (or another native language in the markets) and English, and limited working proficiency in Russian. Other languages are a plus.
- Stellar writing skills.
- Strategic and critical thinker & precise executor.
- Background in technology or delivery platforms is a plus.
- Great organizational skills.
- High level of independent thinking and not afraid to take ownership.
- Ability to occasionally travel within the region and abroad.
If you are excited about working with the nicest of people, in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an ambitious team, then click below to apply and let’s get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our long-term incentive plan.
You will fit into a truly diverse team across 25 countries - what really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity. Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to: Orsi Kocsis, Senior TA Partner firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website! We are looking to fill the position as soon as possible and review applications as we receive them.