We are looking for a Cloud FinOps Lead to help us run Wolt engineering efficiently at scale. This is a new role to Wolt, and you would be the founding member of the Cloud FinOps practice with an excellent opportunity to make an impact. As a Cloud FinOps Lead, you will play a pivotal role in driving efficiencies in our cloud and third party vendor usage while ensuring our services continue to grow and maintain peak performance. Your expertise will contribute to the overall efficiency of our engineering teams.
Among responsibilities and challenges:
- Work closely with infrastructure, performance and feature engineering teams to understand cloud usage patterns and identify areas for optimization
- Collaborate with our platform teams to build tooling and systems for cost and usage measurement and management
- Implement best practices for cost management across multiple cloud platforms and SaaS providers
- Conduct continuous analysis and reporting on cloud spend, providing insights and recommendations to engineering teams, management and finance
- Develop and implement Cloud FinOps policies, processes, and guidelines to maintain financial discipline with cloud and SaaS usage
- Develop cost models for new initiatives, influence architectural decisions and provide input to their business cases
- Identify and execute on opportunities for reservations and commitments.
- Drive our sustainability in the cloud efforts by continuously focusing on energy reduction and efficiency across our workloads
- Stay current with the latest cloud pricing models and industry trends to ensure the company is making informed choices
- Drive awareness and training initiatives on Cloud FinOps principles to enhance cloud cost-consciousness across the product organization
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Helsinki or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland or Sweden. Read more about our remote setup here. If you live outside of these countries - not to worry! We provide relocation support to help you make your way to Finland or Sweden.
- Proven experience in Cloud FinOps, Cloud Cost Management, or Cloud Financial Analysis, preferably in a technology company
- Hands-on expertise with major cloud service providers (AWS is a must) and practical knowledge of pricing structures and detailed cost reports
- Hands-on expertise with MongoDB, Aiven, Datadog is preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable insights and build forecast models
- Experience with building cost allocation models for engineering and finance teams. Knowledge of the procurement and finance processes for vendor onboarding and management
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse, cross-functional teams
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Anna Pivovar (email@example.com).