Do you have a strong interest in category management with a great eye for detail? Do you want to work in a high growth tech company with an extremely ambitious team, redefining grocery shopping? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. Food delivery was just a start, and now we are exploring and expanding our platform with other business verticals in retail and grocery. We’ve grown significantly in the last three years, expanding our operations from just four countries across the Nordics, to 23 countries across Europe and Asia today. And we’re just getting started.
The role you are looking at is a part of Wolt Market - our very own grocery stores that deliver unprecedented convenience and world leading customer experience. People across Tallin can order their groceries and have them delivered to their doorstep at lightspeed!
Wolt Market is growing rapidly and we have ambitious goals. We are looking for a strong Category Specialist to build and maintain our assortment, trading plan (pricing, promotions), relationships and business plans with our retail partners and manage category performance in Estonia.
As our Category Specialist you'll be a part of a close knit team working across Estonia, referred to as our commercial team and consisting of Inventory, Category and Content.
You will have to work closely with our stores to ensure that we have the right assortment at every location, and with our supply chain specialists to ensure that we are always in stock. You will also work closely with data teams to define and develop all necessary reporting, data models, tools and products to drive category performance in local stores.
In this role, you’ll get a lot of help and support on the way, but are also expected to be an amazing independent specialist with an exceptional ability to execute every single day.
What you’ll be doing
- Have full ownership of category performance including forecasting, monitoring, reporting on the business, along with contributing to driving projects and trading strategy to achieve business goals
- Develop and maintain a category and procurement plan to secure growth
- Define Wolt Market’s assortment on selected categories and constantly update it at a store level to meet customer needs
- Lead and participate in effective negotiations with suppliers to establish joint goals, improve cost structure, and sustainably grow the P&L
- Own and execute key tasks such as campaigns, pricing and category projects
- Work cross-functionally with counterparts across in-stock management, marketing, finance, and retail systems to operate and grow the business
- Strong communication skills and experience negotiating with internal and external stakeholders.
- The successful candidate must be highly analytical, self-starting and thrive in a high energy environment.
- Fluency in Estonian and English.
- Ability to think both strategically and operationally with an eye for detail
- 2+ years of experience in FMCG
This is an excellent possibility for you who are interested in developing your grocery and retail understanding and have the drive to build something completely new. If you get excited, then don’t hesitate and click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Alvaro Patilla, Talent Acquisition Partner:
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!