About the Team
Analytics at Wolt is a business-critical competence team that covers Analytics Engineering, Data science, and Data analytics. In total, we are a team of 60+ professionals, all united by our excitement to put Wolt’s valuable data assets into everyday use.
As the name suggests, our Support Analytics team’s main goal is to deliver an amazing Customer Support Experience while optimising our Support operations by providing actionable insights and quantifying the impact of those actions on the overall business. 💡
About the Role
We're looking for awesome people to join Wolt as an Analytics Lead role in Helsinki, or Berlin. We have Data Scientists and Analytics Engineers working as embedded data professionals in different business domains and now we’re looking to grow to the next level of maturity and establish proper analytics teams in these domains.
As an Analytics Lead, you will be the partner for the business leaders and product leaders in the support domain and lead a team of 3 like minded Data scientists and Analytics Engineers. If you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, are excited to build from 0 to 1, and have experience using analytics to drive business and product strategy,, we're looking for someone like you.
You’ll be leading the Support Analytics team which looks over the Support Products, Support Operations and Trust & Safety areas. You’ll get to work with an existing team and hire even more superstars in the future. Your main goal would be to enhance the product experience, optimise the support operations as well as building the Trust & Safety framework and data infrastructure.
If you are wondering whether you do possess the relevant skills and background, there is a hint for you.
We are looking for potential so even if you are missing some of the mentioned skills, apply and let’s have a discussion about it :)
You're excited about this opportunity because you will
- Identify and measure levers to help move essential metrics and make recommendations
- Passionately leverage your technical and analytical skill sets to tell the story about business performance and align executives around what matters and why
- Help our cross-functional teams in Support use various data points to properly size the potential initiatives and opportunities
- Build a solid data & reporting infrastructure for the Trust & Safety team
- Possess excellent stakeholder management skills, know how to effectively collaborate well with operations, product, legal and other functions.
- Act as mentors and guide the team towards actionable outcomes
- Build and/or manage a team of go-getters whose career aspirations you get to shape
- Excited about hiring and building diverse teams across the globe & across cultures.
Our Humble expectations
- 5+ years of experience in data related roles, with 1 year of leadership experience.
- Hired and retained A+ talent players for your data science teams
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably R and/or Python
- Expertise with SQL and ETL tools (Airflow, dbt or similar)
- Experience working with experimentation techniques (A/B testing, Causal Inference) and interpreting hypothesis testing
- Have prior experience building intuitive data visualizations and dashboards that influence business decisions, utilizing tools like Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar.
- Relentless pursuit of new ideas and data sources, and have the ability to systematically tackle ambiguous problems with a data-driven, hypothesis-based approach.
- Ability to influence senior leadership to make critical decisions
- Clear and concise communication with strong cross-functional partnership experience
- You are able to work and communicate effectively in English
Our offering to you
- Lots of room to build the direction of analytics at Wolt. Our Product and Operations organizations will be growing too, meaning that you have the chance to build the team around you and shape the way the organization works with data and analytics.
- You can choose the location from our tech hubs Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm. You have the chance to decide the ways of working - a hybrid, at the office, or remote within the locations above. 💙 Read more about our remote setup.
- In addition to our country-specific benefits, our compensation package includes a monthly salary based on your expertise and equity. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you'll own a piece of the pie. 🚀
- You would get to work in a company culture where we take ownership beyond the obvious, do common things uncommonly well, we think big but stay humble, do right by people, we treat others kindly and justly, recognise that if we don’t learn, we won’t stay still but fall behind and keep in mind that Luke was Yoda’s greatest achievement. Read more about how we work. 🤩
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realise you really, really want to join us!
If you want to check up on your application or have any further questions about the position you can turn to Group Talent Acquisition Partner / Analytics, Michal Szafraniec at email@example.com
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt is not just a delivery app – we’re a technology company building a commerce platform to seamlessly connect our millions of customers with thousands of merchant and courier partners, in real-time across 23 countries and 250+ cities. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest ratings, largely thanks to our customer-first-mindset, which shows in how we build products and run operations. In June 2022 we officially joined forces with DoorDash. Combined, we have a presence in 27 countries, 23 of which operate with the Wolt brand and app. Wolt and DoorDash continue largely independently, with Wolt’s name, brand, product, technology and team.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We want to have all sorts of people in our team – people like you and me, and people different from you and me. To be able to work with diverse teammates – when it comes to gender, age, ethnicity, life background, sexual orientation, political views, religion, or any other personal trait – we consciously aim to offer equal opportunity for everyone to work with us. This is because we believe diverse teams make the most thought-through decisions and build things in the most inclusive way.
Join us today to build Wolt together!
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Michal Szafraniec