Analytics at Wolt is a business-critical competence team that covers business intelligence, data science, and data analytics. In total, we are a team of 50+ professionals working from Finland, Sweden, Germany, and Estonia all united by our excitement to put Wolt’s valuable data assets into everyday use.
We're looking for awesome people to join Wolt as an Analytics Lead role in Helsinki, or Berlin. We have Data Analysts and Business Intelligence Developers working as embedded data professionals in different business domains and now we’re looking to grow to the next level of maturity and establish proper analytics teams in these domains.
For an analytics leader Wolt’s fast-moving business as a local three-sided marketplace offers a demanding but rewarding environment to grow one’s skills in modern analytics. You get to learn a lot, lead a team, grow a team, drive impact via analytics and work with the best people. What could be better than that?
About Merchant Group at Wolt
Wolt as a platform focuses on serving three main groups: The Customers, the couriers and the merchants. In a nutshell, the Merchant Group strives to make Wolt an integral part of our Merchant’s daily business. Their core mission is to provide merchants with self-service tools and automation that are useful, efficient, reliable, and delightful to use.
Merchant Analytics is an embedded analytics function within the Merchant Group. The team works to unlock insights related to the marketplace and turn them into actionable recommendations which drive the success of merchants at Wolt. While keeping merchants at heart, the analytics team focuses on all kinds of analytics projects which can benefit merchants while ensuring a seamless consumer experience and also supporting Wolt’s marketplace strategy.
A look into the Analytics Lead role at Wolt:
It’s all about passion for data, measuring impact and delivering insights
What we hope from you is that you first and foremost identify yourself as an analytics enthusiast. No matter what the subject of analysis is, you want to deeply understand the problem statement, mechanics of the business and data generation processes as well as deliver insights and impact via analytics. Coming up with ways to measure incremental business impact of the changes in our platform and operations is the key theme for everyone working in analytics at Wolt.
As an Analytics Lead, you will be the partner for the business leaders and product leaders in the relevant domain and lead the bunch of like minded Data scientists and Analytics Engineers. If you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, are excited to build from 0 to 1, and have experience using analytics to drive business and product strategy,, we're looking for someone like you.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide insights to help business and product leaders understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviours, and long-term trends
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business
- Identify and measure levers to help move essential metrics and make recommendations
- Possess excellent stakeholder management skills, know how to effectively collaborate well with strategy, operations, product, finance and engineering
- Help our cross-functional teams use various data points to properly size the potential initiatives and opportunities
- Work backwards from understanding and sizing problems to ideating solutions
- Build and/or manage a team of go-getters whose career aspirations you get to shape
- Act as mentors and guide the team towards actionable outcomes
- Excited about hiring and building diverse teams across the globe & across cultures
We're excited about you because you have…
- 5 years of experience in data analytics, consulting, or related quantitative role and 2+ years of leadership experience.
- Innate curiosity to understand how things work and a first-principles approach to problem solving
- Experience working with experimentation techniques (A/B testing, Causal Inference) and interpreting hypothesis testing
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably R and/or Python and SQL
- Hired and retained A+ talent players for your data science teams
- Ability to influence senior leadership to make critical decisions
- Clear and concise communication with strong cross-functional partnership experience
- Lead a team of Data Scientists and Analytics Managers, upleveling your team through coaching, mentorship, and technical leadership
- Drive measurement strategy for the area under scope, defining success metrics, and implementing best practices around experiment design and statistical analysis
Our offering to you
- Lots of room to build the direction of analytics at Wolt. Our Product and Operations organizations will be growing too, meaning that you have the chance to build the team around you and shape the way the organization works with data and analytics.
- You can choose the location from our tech hubs Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm. You have the chance to decide the ways of working - a hybrid, at the office, or remote within the locations above. 💙 Read more about our remote setup.
- In addition to our country-specific benefits, our compensation package includes a monthly salary based on your expertise and equity. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you'll own a piece of the pie. 🚀
- You would get to work in a company culture where we take ownership beyond the obvious, do common things uncommonly well, we think big but stay humble, do right by people, we treat others kindly and justly, recognise that if we don’t learn, we won’t stay still but fall behind and keep in mind that Luke was Yoda’s greatest achievement. Read more about how we work. 🤩
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realise you really, really want to join us!
If you want to check up on your application or have any further questions about the position you can turn to Group Talent Acquisition Partner / Analytics, Michal Szafraniec at email@example.com
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt is not just a delivery app – we’re a technology company building a commerce platform to seamlessly connect our millions of customers with thousands of merchant and courier partners, in real-time across 23 countries and 250+ cities. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest ratings, largely thanks to our customer-first-mindset, which shows in how we build products and run operations. In June 2022 we officially joined forces with DoorDash. Combined, we have a presence in 27 countries, 23 of which operate with the Wolt brand and app. Wolt and DoorDash continue largely independently, with Wolt’s name, brand, product, technology and team.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We want to have all sorts of people in our team – people like you and me, and people different from you and me. To be able to work with diverse teammates – when it comes to gender, age, ethnicity, life background, sexual orientation, political views, religion, or any other personal trait – we consciously aim to offer equal opportunity for everyone to work with us. This is because we believe diverse teams make the most thought-through decisions and build things in the most inclusive way.
Join us today to build Wolt together!
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Michal Szafraniec