About the Team
Analytics at Wolt is a business-critical competence team that covers Analytics Engineering, Data science, and Data analytics. In total, we are a team of 60+ professionals, all united by our excitement to put Wolt’s valuable data assets into everyday use.
As the name suggests, our Merchant Analytics team’s main goal is to dig into the data of our Merchant products and Merchant Operations in order to understand the Merchant behavior and enhance the experience.
About the Role
We're looking for awesome people to join Wolt as an Analytics Engineer role in Helsinki, Stockholm or Berlin. We have Data Scientists and Analytics Engineers working as embedded data professionals in different business domains and now we’re looking to grow to the next level of maturity and establish proper analytics teams in these domains.
As an Analytics Engineer, you will be the partner for the business leaders and product leaders in the Merchant Ops domain. You’ll work closely with Data Scientists, Software Engineers, Product Designers, Product Leads and Operation Managers.
You’ll be a part of the Operations team in Merchant Analytics team
Wolt as a platform focuses on serving three main groups: The Customers, the couriers and the merchants. In a nutshell, the Merchant Group strives to make Wolt an integral part of our Merchant’s daily business. Their core mission is to provide merchants with self-service tools and automation that are useful, efficient, reliable, and delightful to use.
Merchant Analytics is an embedded analytics function within the Merchant Group. The team works to unlock insights related to the marketplace and turn them into actionable recommendations which drive the success of merchants at Wolt. While keeping merchants at heart, the analytics team focuses on all kinds of analytics projects which can benefit merchants while ensuring a seamless consumer experience and also supporting Wolt’s marketplace strategy.
If you are wondering whether you do possess the relevant skills and background, there is a hint for you 🙂 We are looking for potential so even if you are missing some of the mentioned skills, apply and let’s have a discussion about it :)
• Plenty of experience working as a BI Developer, Analytics Engineer or Data Engineer.
• Strong hands-on experience with data integrations, data pipelines, data models, and dashboards.
• Tech skills: Python, SQL, Airflow, Kafka, AWS, and one of the modern BI tools (Tableau, Power BI, Looker or similar).
• Since you’ll be taking care of our internal stakeholders, we’re looking for someone who truly enjoys interacting with people on a daily basis. The ability to search for information and ask relevant questions from various teams will be crucial.
- I’ve never worked with workflow automation tools like Airflow or Azkaban before. Is this a blocker for me to be an Analytics Engineer?
You’ll get to build and maintain data pipelines, which will require you to work with Airflow on a regular basis. Experience with such tools is highly appreciated but not a must as we are willing to teach you. All you need is the desire to learn, and learning will be even easier if you have worked with Python before.
- What is the split of dashboard development and data plumbing tasks?
Focus of this role is on building the basis for reporting needs, hence majority of the tasks will be related to creating datasets, wrangling data and implementing metrics. At the same time, there will be opportunities to create dashboards in order to serve the needs of stakeholders.
- Will I work with raw data or participate in data collection?
Our Humble expectations:
- 4+ years of experience in data related roles - data engineering, business intelligence or analytics engineering.
- Expertise with SQL and ETL tools (Airflow, DBT or similar)
- Have prior experience building intuitive data visualisations and dashboards that influence business decisions, utilising tools like Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar.
- Relentless pursuit of new ideas and data sources, and have the ability to systematically tackle ambiguous problems with a data-driven, hypothesis-based approach.
- Ability to influence senior leadership to make critical decisions
- Clear and concise communication with strong cross-functional partnership experience
- You are able to work and communicate effectively in English
Our offering to you
- Lots of room to build the direction of analytics at Wolt. Our Product and Operations organizations will be growing too, meaning that you have the chance to build the team around you and shape the way the organization works with data and analytics.
- You can choose the location from our tech hubs Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm. You have the chance to decide the ways of working - a hybrid, at the office, or remote within the locations above. 💙 Read more about our remote setup.
- In addition to our country-specific benefits, our compensation package includes a monthly salary based on your expertise and equity. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you'll own a piece of the pie. 🚀
- You would get to work in a company culture where we take ownership beyond the obvious, do common things uncommonly well, we think big but stay humble, do right by people, we treat others kindly and justly, recognise that if we don’t learn, we won’t stay still but fall behind and keep in mind that Luke was Yoda’s greatest achievement. Read more about how we work. 🤩
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realise you really, really want to join us!
If you want to check up on your application or have any further questions about the position you can turn to Group Talent Acquisition Partner / Analytics, Michal Szafraniec at email@example.com
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt is not just a delivery app – we’re a technology company building a commerce platform to seamlessly connect our millions of customers with thousands of merchant and courier partners, in real-time across 23 countries and 250+ cities. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest ratings, largely thanks to our customer-first-mindset, which shows in how we build products and run operations. In June 2022 we officially joined forces with DoorDash. Combined, we have a presence in 27 countries, 23 of which operate with the Wolt brand and app. Wolt and DoorDash continue largely independently, with Wolt’s name, brand, product, technology and team.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We want to have all sorts of people in our team – people like you and me, and people different from you and me. To be able to work with diverse teammates – when it comes to gender, age, ethnicity, life background, sexual orientation, political views, religion, or any other personal trait – we consciously aim to offer equal opportunity for everyone to work with us. This is because we believe diverse teams make the most thought-through decisions and build things in the most inclusive way.
Join us today to build Wolt together!
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Michal Szafraniec