Are you excited to work in a high-growth environment and develop operating models globally to drive customer satisfaction and bottom line impact? Do you enjoy managing projects in an international and cross-functional setting with various stakeholders and basing your work on solid data analysis? If so, we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Helsinki-based technology company that provides an online platform for consumers, merchants and couriers. It connects people looking to order food and other goods with people interested in selling and delivering them. To enable this, Wolt develops a wide range of technologies from local logistics to retail software and financial solutions – as well as operating its own grocery stores under the Wolt Market brand. Wolt’s products include Wolt+ (subscription service for customers), Wolt for Work (meal benefits and office deliveries for companies), Wolt Drive (fast last-mile deliveries for merchants) and Wolt Self-Delivery (service for merchant partners with their own delivery staff).
Wolt’s mission is to make cities better by empowering and growing local communities. Wolt was founded in 2014 and joined forces with DoorDash in 2022. DoorDash operates in 29 countries today, 25 of which are with the Wolt product and brand.
Wolt is known for its customer-obsession and great support experience. We are fast, local, and personal: we have local customer support in all the countries we’re in, and more than 3,000 real humans answering customers and partners in their own language. Ultimately, we have no license to operate if we do not serve our customers in a brilliant way, and therefore we are pushing for the best real-time customer support in the world.
Global Support Operations is a task force within Wolt that helps our countries scale quality support, deliver amazing customer experience and drive operational excellence as we continue to grow. We shape and drive long-term strategy, scalable processes, and sustainable business models globally across our entire base of support operations. We work closely with our local teams, general management and key functional leaders across dimensions such as product and analytics, and drive forward company-wide projects with high strategic importance.
We are now looking for an experienced Workforce Planning Manager to join the team and play a critical role improving our operating models across our markets. Join one of the most successful growth companies in Europe, disrupt the delivery industry and improve the daily life of millions of people.
In this role, you’ll take ownership of developing a strategy and executing on programs to drive improvements on our workforce management processes globally, ensuring we have correct staffing levels to meet support requirements, have accurate forecast capabilities, monitor productivity and service levels, and manage the backend administration, compliance and HR requirements for all Wolt countries.
To succeed in the role, you must be comfortable working at both ends of the spectrum - you’ll be building the high-level strategy and also rolling up your sleeves to get things done! In return, you’ll get to say you and your team have scaled world-class support across 25 countries.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing a global strategy and process for WFM: You will partner with the Global Head of Workforce Management and local support teams to define the WFM strategy for our global customer support organization.
- Defining the best practices for WFM: You will be the thought leader and subject matter expert defining the standard operating procedures for Forecasting and planning, Scheduling, Real-time Operations and WFM tooling
- Developing a global continuous improvement process: You will define, build and track WFM KPIs, and work with local teams and other central teams to drive improvements
- Forecasting & capacity planning: Work with Support and HR to ensure we have an efficient model for headcount planning, and process to bring them onboard at the right time to meet demand
- Scheduling: Ensure we are minimizing over and under-staffing. You will work with local teams to ensure that shifts are created and filled according to demand, balancing service levels with cost. You will also over time manage live operations, helping react to spikes in demand or increase in absenteeism.
- Working closely with Wolt leadership and cross-functional teams (Product, Analytics, Marketing, Operations) to achieve all of this.
Our humble expectations
- You have a strong track record of delivering results in the Support and WFM space
- Solid understanding of workforce management concepts.
- Experience in fast growing technology companies is a plus, as well as a working knowledge of supporting internal and outsourced support teams.
- Experience in defining and scaling new business processes
- Advanced abilities in working with WFM tools and excellent analytical skills - SQL and Python skills as well as a good understanding of forecasting methodologies is an advantage
- Ability to translate data into actions, or analysing operative metrics and producing relevant KPIs.
- Excellent people skills. In order to make any impact, you need to be able to win stakeholders to your side.
- Proactive ownership mentality - an independent thinker who can work with limited guidance, but through grit and determination can deliver a successful outcome.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- You are able to work from Helsinki, Berlin or Copenhagen and are open to travel.
If you are creative, like moving fast, and thrive in a dynamic environment where you get to be proactive and figure out what to do (rather than wait to be told) – then apply today.
What you’ll get by joining us
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Competitive salary + long term incentive plan available
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Chene Elliot, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website!