What is Wolt Drive
Wolt Drive is “delivery-as-a-service” and the fastest way to get any online purchases delivered to the doorstep - providing an affordable ultra fast last mile delivery option for businesses as well as consumers. We believe that every business - small or large - should be able to connect with their customers instantly and we will provide the engine to do so. We already have an industry- leading last-mile logistics platform and partnerships with thousands of riders across countries and can now offer that solution to partners outside of the Wolt Platform.
We are building a new business within the business and need a true owner to develop this new vertical. The potential is huge and we are thus looking for an experienced sales/strategy/business development professional that is excited in playing a key role in disrupting the last mile logistics industry. If this sounds exciting and you like being hands on, then we might have the perfect opportunity for you!
At Wolt we’re on a mission to make cities a better place to live with the help of technology. We are best known for our food delivery platform but are now on a journey to become an ‘’everything’’ app so you can get almost anything in your city delivered to your doorstep in less than an hour.
We launched in Almaty back in 2019, and have since been conquering the food delivery scene step by step. Apart from food delivery, we also have a strong retail delivery business and Wolt Market. And now we are up to build yet another new vertical in the market.
As Wolt Drive Manager you will take ownership of Wolt Drive’s business in Kazakhstan with everything it entails. You will be responsible for building a new business line from the ground up, continuously improving product-market fit, and eventually full-scaling of our Wolt Drive business to partners and customers across Kazakhstan. You will be the key to making Wolt Drive a success in your market as well as building a sound P&L. The role involves tight collaboration with the product team as well the restaurant, retail and marketing teams to build a winning proposition. We have a great base to start from, and your focus will be to establish and scale this up in the local market.
What you’ll be doing
- Be the owner of this new vertical including full P&L ownership and owning commercial and operational KPIs
- Building a go to market strategy for Wolt Drive in Kazakhstan and executing on it.
- Establish new strategic partnerships with partners that would benefit from Wolt Drive services.
- Driving and managing growth of the existing accounts.
- Being the client representatives' trusted advisor, helping them overcome any issues related to the Wolt services.
- Making sound business decisions by using data to support your intuition.
- Work closely with Wolt leadership and cross-functional teams (Product, Analytics, Marketing, Operations, Support and others) to provide a winning proposition for the market.
- Working closely together with our restaurant sales and retail sales teams to develop opportunities for expanding our existing partnerships to Wolt Drive.
- Ensure we have the right integrations in place to win the market
Our humble expectations
- Previous success within solution sales or business development. SaaS, marketplace, eCommerce, or last-mile logistic-related sales experience is a big advantage.
- Previous experience in P&L ownership a plus but not a requirement
- You have demonstrated the ability to close partnerships with various company sizes (from C-level executives to small business owners).
- Excellent commercial and strategic thinking - you are great at strategizing and building a business from scratch. Moreover, you can quickly pick up different business models and spot opportunities and bottlenecks.
- You have previously collaborated with teams internally to make long and complex deals come to life.
- Excellent analytical skills - such as translating data into actions, analyzing sales metrics and pricing models, and producing relevant KPIs.
- Demonstrable consultative sales approach - someone that can build relationships and tailor our offering and business model to a specific partner based on various parameters.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Fluent in Kazakh, Russian, and English.
- Strong leadership skills and/or potential
What you’ll get by joining Wolt
- Making an impact. Day to day you will be disrupting the logistics industry and helping the daily life of thousands of people. Moreover, this is a brand new vertical and you will be the key player in laying the foundation and making it a success.
- Being part of an ambitious team in a flat international organization. Things move fast in our office in the center of Almaty. We love to get things done, take ownership, and innovate, but we always make sure to have fun in the process!
- Learning never stops. We grow fast in a fast-moving industry, which means there is always something new to learn and different opportunities to develop within Wolt. Moreover, this is a brand new vertical for us which means you will be able to follow and impact something from the ground up.
If this sounds like you, then click below to get the conversation going! :)