Join us as a Staff Product Designer and play a pivotal role in advancing the Merchant mission at Wolt! This role is perfect for someone who has mastered the craft of turning insights into beautifully designed products, who can inspire organizations through prototyping and storytelling to ensure their final work has maximum impact for our Merchants.
The Merchant mission is to shape the future of local economies by supporting the success of restaurants and local businesses. We’re dedicated to providing our Merchants with useful, efficient, and enjoyable tools in all 25 countries where Wolt operates.
As a Staff Product Designer in the Merchant organization, your role will involve helping businesses signup for Wolt in a seamless manner, educating them on our products and services to craft the right solutions for their business, and ensuring they are set up for success from the start. This is your opportunity to contribute to meaningful design solutions that resonate globally, and to be a part of a mission-driven team focused on crafting impactful user experiences.
You’ll design a unified experience that stretches across the business, improving the experience for both internal and external customers. To achieve this, you’ll partner with a diverse team of product managers, engineers, strategy partners, researchers, content designers, and more to deliver world class experiences that solve important problems in thoughtful, delightful ways.
Join us today to build Wolt together!
📍 This position is available at our tech hubs in Berlin, Stockholm, and Helsinki, or you have the option to work remotely from anywhere in Germany, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Estonia. Learn more about our remote work setup.
Our humble expectations
We hope you’re excited about this opportunity because you:
- Lead the user experience of Wolt’s Merchant facing products end-to-end, including contributing to product strategy, running design sprints, crafting visions, and establishing frameworks
- Are passionate about helping businesses grow and creating impact on millions of Wolt customers’ lives every day.
- Can concept on the fly and collaborate with anyone to get things done.
- Have empathy for your audience and can anticipate user needs.
- Strong communicator, comfortable working with stakeholders from operational to technical teams. Able to inspire others through storytelling and prototyping.
- Explore complex, ambiguous problem spaces, working with your team to understand the opportunity, and then chart a path forward
- Love problem solving and crafting delightful solutions that scale.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have been designing for 7+ years for utility, fintech, enterprise or SaaS related products, so you understand what it takes to create delightful, customer-oriented experiences.
- You are a versatile t-shaped designer who uses a full range of skills— strategy, research, product design, interaction design, and visual design — to ensure you deliver magical experiences to the customer. Your favourite artefact is a tangible prototype.
- You are able to make sense of complex problem spaces and bring clarity to the design by translating complexity into intuitive experiences that consider every facet of the user journey.
- You’re a strong communicator who enjoys collaborating across lots of different functions and who can inspire teams towards action and empathy for the user.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether that’s hands-on user research or a quantitative A/B test.
- Prior design experience in local, commerce, and logistics industry is a big plus
How we design
- We listen carefully. The better we understand our users’ problems the better our solutions can be. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- We love to collaborate. You’ll partner closely with product, engineering, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- We own the problem space (and then some). You’ll provide the thought leadership to inspire and develop the right design direction. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that live up to Wolt-grade and delight our users.
- We begin with magic and work backwards. You’ll establish a vision of the ‘perfect journey’ first, then work backward to make it a feasible reality with your team.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Elisa Haikala (email@example.com).