Hey, you look like you might be our new Staff Product Designer, Design Systems
Berlin, Germany or remote
At Wolt, we strive to make the best products for our customers. We work hard to develop new ways to make it easy for them to order food from the best restaurants, grocery stores, and other local shops. Our products have the industry's highest ratings because we always put the customer first.
And we are looking for a Staff Product Designer to work on our Design Systems. This will be someone who has experience defining and building a design language system to ensure cohesive experiences across multiple platforms at scale.
You’re a great fit for this role if you:
- Are passionate about delivery and how it can impact people's lives for good.
- Can concept on the fly and collaborate with anyone to get things done.
- Have empathy for your audience and can anticipate user needs.
- Keep up to date with the latest design trends and techniques.
- Thrive in a fast-paced organisation.
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here.
Our humble expectations
What you’ll do:
As a Design Systems Designer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Creating and managing the design language system that meets the needs of our product and engineering teams
- Collaborating with product and engineering teams to find elegant and practical solutions to design challenges and ensure the design system is driving the desired user experience
- Providing thought leadership to inspire and develop the right design direction
- Working closely with engineers to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of the system, and collaborating with designers to help them identify and create design solutions, new elements, and components that adhere to the system
- Taking full ownership of your work and being responsible for every last detail, every step of the way
- Monitoring the usage of the system and providing feedback on how to improve it
- Establishing design standards and principles accompanying the design system for scalability, efficiency, and consistency
- Evaluating and improving usability and accessibility of components and being a champion for the user
- Upholding a high standard for design excellence and contributing to raising the bar for design at our company
Who you are:
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications:
- Very clear demonstrable experience building design systems.
- Proven experience creating design systems for a consumer-focused tech company, so you understand what it takes to create elegant, consumer-oriented experiences at scale.
- Strong interaction and visual design skills, with the ability to articulate the difference between what makes a bland vs magical experience.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to inspire teams to take the necessary steps to create a cohesive design language.
- A people-focused design mentality, constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether that’s hands-on user research or a quantitative A/B test.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so feel free to apply as soon as you feel like hearing more about the position and potentially joining Wolt! Please kindly make sure to include your portfolio with your application!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and equity. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you'll own a piece of the pie.
If you want to check up on your application or have any further questions about the position, you can turn to Talent Acquisition Partner Elisa Haikala at email@example.com at any given time.