Hey, you look like you might be our new Senior Technical Program Manager
Berlin, Germany or remote
We are looking for Technical Program Managers to help us run Wolt engineering at scale. Your domain contains cross-group and cross-team programs that impact a wide range of stakeholders including engineering and product teams, such as improving our architectures, tools and processes for better scalability, reliability, and developer experience. The TPM role is fairly new to Wolt, and you would be one of the founding members with an excellent opportunity to make an impact.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be facilitating the engineering groups consisting of Wolt technical leaders and engineers. Among your goals are to run technical programs that span across the teams, define and track key performance metrics and align priorities across the organization.
The role is broad, and the responsibilities run deep. You will be the technical counterpart to our product organization, and you will work closely with engineering teams at Wolt. The role requires wide technical understanding, world-class program management skills, a strong will to win hearts and minds, top-notch orchestration, and the cultural approach and attitude to make it all happen.
The Technical Program Manager is data driven, passionate about the craft of software engineering, a jack/jill of all trades and a master of some. They advocate complex technical programs across the organization, ensuring alignment and influencing without authority. They define, groom, facilitate, and ultimately own the technical programs they are running.
The main responsibilities include:
- Owning cross-organizational technical programs
- Running technical initiatives across teams and groups
- Acting as a catalyst, significantly increasing the efficiency of engineering teams working together
- Building alignment with team roadmaps and defining priorities
- Managing stakeholders from engineering to product to the broader business context
- Helping to run engineering at scale
- Working with senior engineers to define key technical initiatives
- Identifying key metrics and making sure they are relevant and followed
- Building business-driven cases for technical programs to advocate them across the organization
- Making the complex simple
- Acting under ambiguity while clarifying it for everyone in the organization - Codifying key processes, architectures, and choices
- Constantly improving how we run technical programs
- Supporting teams in building the right things in the right ways
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here. If you live outside of these countries - not to worry! We provide relocation support to help you make your way to Finland, Germany or Sweden.
Our humble expectations
We expect solid prior experience in a similar role in an agile environment alongside deep technical expertise, preferably in architectures, infrastructure and reliability of data intensive backend applications. World-class project management and interpersonal skills are a must.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Anna Pivovar (firstname.lastname@example.org).