We are looking for a seasoned Product Designer to join Wolt’s FinTech mission! This role is perfect for someone who has mastered the craft of turning insights into beautifully designed products, who can inspire organizations through prototyping and storytelling to ensure their final work has maximum impact for businesses.
As a Product Designer in the FinTech mission, you'll have the opportunity to develop products and services from their early stages. Your pivotal role extends to founding financial services that seamlessly bridge across our entire business, embracing the multi-sided marketplace encompassing Consumers, Courier Partners, Business Owners, and our internal customers. You'll have the chance to transform the way they secure money, simplify payments, navigate financial obligations, and ensure a seamless process for getting paid.
Within the dynamic FinTech mission, you'll contribute to turning the financial infrastructure into a tangible and impactful customer experience. To achieve this, you'll collaborate with multiple teams of product managers, engineers, strategy partners, researchers, and content designers. Your collective effort will deliver world-class experiences that elegantly solve important problems in simple and effective ways.
Join us today to build Wolt together!
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Berlin, Stockholm, and Helsinki, or you can work remotely anywhere in Germany, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here.
Our humble expectations
We hope you’re excited about this opportunity because you:
- Lead the user experience of Wolt’s FinTech products end-to-end, including contributing to product strategy, running design sprints, creating visions, and establishing frameworks
- Are passionate about helping businesses grow and creating impact on millions of Wolt customers' lives every day.
- Can concept on the fly and collaborate with anyone to get things done.
- Have empathy for your audience and can anticipate user needs.
- Are a good communicator and comfortable working with different stakeholders from operational to technical teams
- Enjoy a fast-paced organization.
- Thrive on novelty and excel in finding creative solutions within constraints.
- Explore complex, ambiguous problem spaces, working with your team to understand the opportunity, and then chart a path forward
- Love problem solving and crafting elegant solutions that scale.
We’re excited about you because…
- You love bringing clarity to complexity and have been designing for B2B, Utility, Fintech, enterprise or SaaS related products, so you understand what it takes to create elegant, customer-oriented experiences and You are a versatile t-shaped designer who uses a full range of skills— strategy, research, product design, interaction design, and visual design — to ensure you deliver magical experiences to the customer.
- You are able to make sense of complex problem spaces and bring clarity to the design by translating complexity into intuitive experiences that consider every facet of the user journey.
- You’re a strong communicator who enjoys collaborating across different missions and functions and who can inspire teams towards action and empathy for the user.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether that’s hands-on user research or a quantitative A/B test.
- Prior design experience in FinTech, compliance or banking space is a big plus
How we operate
- We listen carefully. The better you understand our users' problems the better your solutions will be. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- We love to collaborate. You’ll partner closely with product, engineering, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- We own the problem space (and then some). You’ll provide the thought leadership to inspire and develop the right design direction. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- We do common things uncommonly well. Imagine the way forward. You’ll define a clear vision for your product area and take full ownership of your work, and be responsible for every last detail, every step of the way.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Elisa Haikala (firstname.lastname@example.org).