Wolt is hiring a senior lawyer to take ownership of legal support for Wolt’s technology sourcing and procurement-related contracts and processes including the development of new tools and processes in close cooperation with the business teams. In this new role, you will be the direct counterpart and support for Wolt’s Procurement team and various other teams dealing with technology sourcing and procurement-related topics, and work closely with other legal team members and other stakeholders.
You will be bringing your deep expertise and driving the legal support in negotiations and contracting of complex and multi-country deals in technology sourcing and with other vendors. Further, you will be in the driver's seat in setting up new tools, processes and the legal framework for enabling the scaling of our vendor deals, management and processes across our various geographies. You will have a critical role in scaling up processes related to the onboarding of vendors, including concerning compliance and sustainability requirements with vendors.
We’re looking for someone who can tackle several complicated legal issues and understands the Wolt way of doing things – a problem solver and a solution-oriented business enabler. Our team member is flexible and open for change, dynamic and proactively gets things done. We also appreciate quick thinking and a can-do attitude of rolling up one’s sleeves and getting to work, no matter the task.
What you’ll be doing
- Draft and negotiate agreements with a wide selection of Wolt’s vendors ranging from complex multi-country agreements on the sourcing of our technology to more traditional procurement related legal support such as sourcing of our courier gear or IT related tools.
- Work closely with business teams in developing new tools, processes and guidelines for vendor management as well as contract review and contract management to enable scaling of our vendor deals, management and processes across our various geographies.
- Scaling up processes related to compliance and sustainability requirements with vendors.
- You’ll be a trusted advisor in negotiating and drafting commercial agreements, proactively taking into account both business aspects and regulatory compliance in your work.
- Relevant stakeholders for this role include Wolt’s Procurement team, Sustainability team, Wolt’s Engineering and Product teams, Security team, People team, Wolt’s country operations and other teams working with technology sourcing and procurement as well as your legal team members.
- You will ideally be based in Helsinki or Copenhagen but also Wolt’s operating countries may be considered.
Our humble expectations
- 7+ years of post-graduation experience as an in-house counsel and/or from a law firm in an international setting. In-house experience is considered as a benefit.
- Master of Laws degree from a university in the EU, or if from outside of the EU, deep knowledge and experience from working with EU laws and regulations is required.
- You have a strong track record of drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements, including sales, MSAs, software and technology agreements, and partnership agreements, as well as creating repeatable, scalable processes in an international setting.
- Knowledge of compliance and sustainability requirements and processes concerning vendor management.
- You have a proven ability to balance legal risk and business objectives.
- You can work autonomously while exercising sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- You are comfortable making decisions and relish ownership over projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership of things you care about, and being part of an ambitious group of professionals, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
You will fit into a truly diverse team across 25 countries - what really matters to us is a caring and welcoming environment where we embrace uniqueness and celebrate diversity. Experience a company culture where we work on eye level, decisions are made quickly and knowledge sharing, as well as mentoring, is on our daily agenda.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Enrica Testa, Senior Talent Acqusition Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application in English through our careers website!