Hey, you look like you might be our new Senior Legal Counsel, Japan
Wolt is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Japan! This is an exciting opportunity to create something great together and be a part of a global startup changing how local economies grow. We’re looking for people with deep market knowledge who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to enable us to best serve our partners and consumers. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
As Senior Country Counsel, you’ll be the only lawyer based in Japan and the primary legal point of contact for the Japan business. You will have a broad range of responsibilities and will work closely with the management team to drive strategic initiatives forward. (TL;DR: exciting stuff!). This is an opportunity at a dynamic and fast-growing company, where you’ll work on a variety of legal issues and help to drive our success in Japan.
We’ve built a strong reputation within the company for our confident, supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We’re team players and we’re always looking for ways to grow and excel together. Join us!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support our businesses with legal advice on a broad range of operational and business matters spanning commercial, regulatory, employment, privacy, competition and consumer law.
- Advise, draft, and negotiate a wide range of business-critical contracts with third parties such as marketing partners, suppliers, and restaurants.
- Interface with regulators where needed, and manage litigation and investigations that may arise from time to time.
- Work with the Japan Team on all the day-to-day issues that stem from a business that involves many thousands of people moving around cities every day.
- Instruct external law firms as required; synthesize input from outside counsel, your own research, and feedback from internal stakeholders to provide practical guidance applicable to the teams you advise.
- Collaborate with our legal teams in other Wolt locations to ensure alignment on legal matters.
Our humble expectations
- Solid prior experience from reputable law firms or as an in-house counsel, including commercial work.
- Experience or interest in fast-paced, startup/technology, entrepreneurial environments will be an advantage.
- Commercially astute and pragmatic with a strong bias for action, with demonstrated influencing and interpersonal skills.
- A creative lawyer who is comfortable working in both structured and unstructured environments.
- Solutions-driven, can-do attitude is an absolute must.
- Quick thinking and the type of person who rolls up their sleeves and gets to work, no matter the task.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in Japanese and English (our working language).
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Riku Hakanen, Regional Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note however that we only take applications through the application portal.