Data Scientists at Wolt build and deploy models using a variety of approaches including statistical analysis, machine learning and deep learning for the most important processes and parts of Wolt’s online delivery platform and business operations that affect all the 25 countries we operate in.
The work consists of owning machine learning use cases as part of a product or business team; starting from identifying opportunities, to developing and prototyping a solution, all the way to deploying, maintaining, and improving a production-ready solution inside of the embedded product team. We use a variety of technologies and tools including Python, SQL, Spark, Docker and K8s, Snowflake, Looker, Flyte, Seldon Core, Airflow, MLflow and Kafka to get the job done, and constantly looking for ways to improve how our data scientists work.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to be embedded into our cross-functional Consumer Search team, to work together with engineers, product, design and analytics people, on developing algorithms and solutions for improving our search experience. Some of our models include query understanding, query completion and expansion, results blender and results ranking. The team owns the domain end to end, from developing approaches to testing and understanding their impact and deploying and maintaining them under strict performance requirements.The team uses an iterative and pragmatic development approach, A/B testing our solutions and measuring the performance of our models both offline and online. This is a great opportunity to leave your mark in the experience that we provide to more than 29M customers with a direct impact in our business KPIs.
Also, to learn more about Wolt, be sure to check out Machine learning at Wolt - our journey towards MLOps, our Wolt Algorithmic Transparency Report, and Wolt Tech Talks. 💡
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here. If you live outside of these countries - not to worry! We provide relocation support to help you make your way to Finland, Germany or Sweden.
Our humble expectations
- Interest and past experience in search engines (both in natural language retrieval and ranking), recommendation systems and/or personalization;
- You have plenty of hands-on experience with production-level Data Science projects — from prototyping to deploying and maintaining and improving production-ready solutions (i.e. ability and interest to handle a use case end to end);
- You have a deep understanding and experience with machine learning and a solid understanding of statistics;
- Knowledge of experimental design and analysis, such as A/B testing;
- You’ll have fluent programming skills in Python, which is our main language for data science projects, and experience with databases (SQL). You value good software engineering practices and take pride in the quality of your code;
- Ideally, you’ll also have a degree in a field relevant to Data Science;
- You’re analytical and curious, we’re looking for a self-starter with a drive to get things done. Also as well a good communicator, willing to collaborate with people in- and outside of the team.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Fernanda Prado (email@example.com).