Data Scientists at Wolt build and deploy models to address business problems. Utilizing a spectrum of methodologies including statistical analysis, machine learning, and deep learning, they enhance critical processes within Wolt's online delivery platform and business operations. Their contributions significantly impact all 25 countries in which we operate.
The work consists of owning machine learning use cases as part of a product or business team; starting from identifying opportunities, to developing and prototyping a solution, all the way to deploying, maintaining, and improving a production-ready solution inside of the embedded product team. We use a variety of technologies and tools including Python, SQL, Spark, Docker and K8s, Snowflake, Looker, Airflow, and Kafka to get the job done, and we have an internally developed machine learning platform (key components being Flyte, MLflow and Selcon Core), at our data scientists’ disposal. We are constantly looking for ways to improve how our data scientists work.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to be embedded into our cross-functional Merchant Catalog team, to work together with engineers, product, design and analytics people, on developing algorithms and solutions for improving our understanding of the different items, whether they are food or retail, that we sell. An example of this is creating product hierarchies and categorizations from item descriptions and images. The team owns the domain end to end, from developing approaches, to testing, and to understanding their impact and deploying and maintaining them.
Also, to learn more about Wolt, be sure to check out Machine learning at Wolt - our journey towards MLOps, our Wolt Algorithmic Transparency Report, and Wolt Tech Talks. 💡
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here. If you live outside of these countries - not to worry! We provide relocation support to help you make your way to Finland, Germany or Sweden.
Our humble expectations
- You have plenty of hands-on experience with production-level Data Science projects — from prototyping to deploying, maintaining and improving production-ready solutions (i.e. ability and interest to handle a use case end to end);
- You have a deep understanding and experience with machine learning and a solid understanding of statistics;
- Preferable experience with NLP and large language models, great if you have worked with computer vision and image processing;
- Knowledge of experimental design and analysis, such as A/B testing;
- You’ll have fluent programming skills in Python, which is our main language for data science projects, and experience with databases (SQL). You value good software engineering practices and take pride in the quality of your code;
- Ideally, you’ll also have a degree in a field relevant to Data Science;
- You’re analytical and curious, we’re looking for a self-starter with a drive to get things done. Also as well a good communicator, willing to collaborate with people in- and outside of the team.
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Fernanda Prado (email@example.com).