About the Team
The Merchant Analytics Team at Wolt managed by Ayush focuses on solving merchant related challenges and is tasked with unlocking insights related to the marketplace and turn them into actionable recommendations which drive the success of merchants at Wolt.
Data Scientists at Wolt work to uncover insights and turn them into relevant recommendations, driving decisions for the entire organization. On the Merchant team we are focused on ramping up the merchant selection and finding opportunities to help merchants grow their business and be successful on Wolt. While keeping merchants at heart, the analytics team focuses on all kinds of analytics projects which can benefit merchants while ensuring a seamless consumer experience and also supporting Wolt’s marketplace strategy.
Our team comprises a cross-section of Data Scientists and BI Developers. We work closely with the Data Engineering and Machine Learning teams who help ensure we have the right platform to deliver our insights at scale. We partner with Product, Engineering, and Strategy & Operations teams to guide measurement and tactical decision-making using advanced analytics as we expand the Wolt platform across the globe.
About the Role
As a Data Scientist at Wolt, your role involves diving into our data to solve crucial business problems. The scope of this role ranges from diagnosing problem areas to identifying solutions to designing experiments and ultimately influencing decision making. This is a rare, operational and actionable data-driven experience. When you join this team, you will be driving action from the frontlines, rather than just doing yet another analytics role.
If you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, are excited to build from 0 to 1, and have experience using analytics to affect marketplace growth, we're looking for someone like you.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Produce recommendations and use statistical techniques and hypothesis testing and other experimentation techniques to validate your findings
- Use quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand what drives our business
- Build full-cycle analytics experiments, reports, and dashboards using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools
- Identify and measure levers to help move essential metrics and make recommendations
- Possess excellent stakeholder management skills, know how to effectively collaborate well with strategy, operations, product, finance and engineering
- Help our cross-functional teams use various data points to properly size the potential initiatives and opportunities
- Work backwards from understanding and sizing problems to ideating solutions
- Report against our goals by identifying essential metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Act as mentors and guide the team towards actionable outcomes
Our humble expectations
We're excited about you because you have…
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics, consulting, or related quantitative role
- The ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Experience working with experimentation techniques (A/B testing, Causal Inference) and interpreting hypothesis testing
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably Python and/or R
- Proficiency in writing structured and efficient advanced SQL queries for large data sets and knowledge of basic ETL.
- Have prior experience building intuitive data visualizations and dashboards that influence business decisions, utilizing tools like Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar.
- Ability to influence senior leadership to make critical decisions
- Clear and concise communication with strong cross-functional partnership experience
- Develop data-driven frameworks to facilitate prioritization of high-impact product and operational initiatives
- Collaborate with data engineering and product engineering to strengthen data foundations
- Fluent English required, proficiency in additional languages is a plus
Our offering to you
- Lots of room to build the direction of analytics at Wolt. Our Product and Operations organizations will be growing too, meaning that you have the chance to build the team around you and shape the way the organization works with data and analytics.
- You can choose the location from our tech hubs Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm. You have the chance to decide the ways of working - a hybrid, at the office, or remote within the locations above. 💙 Read more about our remote setup.
- In addition to our country-specific benefits, our compensation package includes a monthly salary based on your expertise and equity. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you'll own a piece of the pie. 🚀
- You would get to work in a company culture where we take ownership beyond the obvious, do common things uncommonly well, we think big but stay humble, do right by people, we treat others kindly and justly, recognise that if we don’t learn, we won’t stay still but fall behind and keep in mind that Luke was Yoda’s greatest achievement. Read more about how we work. 🤩
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realise you really, really want to join us!
If you want to check up on your application or have any further questions about the position you can turn to Group Talent Acquisition Partner / Analytics, Michal Szafraniec at email@example.com
Wolt is a technology company that makes it incredibly easy to discover and get the best restaurants, grocery stores and other local shops delivered to your home or office. Wolt is not just a delivery app – we’re a technology company building a commerce platform to seamlessly connect our millions of customers with thousands of merchant and courier partners, in real-time across 23 countries and 250+ cities. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest ratings, largely thanks to our customer-first-mindset, which shows in how we build products and run operations. In June 2022 we officially joined forces with DoorDash. Combined, we have a presence in 27 countries, 23 of which operate with the Wolt brand and app. Wolt and DoorDash continue largely independently, with Wolt’s name, brand, product, technology and team.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We want to have all sorts of people in our team – people like you and me, and people different from you and me. To be able to work with diverse teammates – when it comes to gender, age, ethnicity, life background, sexual orientation, political views, religion, or any other personal trait – we consciously aim to offer equal opportunity for everyone to work with us. This is because we believe diverse teams make the most thought-through decisions and build things in the most inclusive way.
Join us today to build Wolt together!
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Michal Szafraniec