Hey, you look like you might be our new Senior Data Scientist, Forecasting
Analytics & Data Science
Data Scientists at Wolt are working with machine learning for the most important processes and parts of Wolt’s online delivery platform and business operations that affect all the 23 countries we operate in. The work consists of owning machine learning use cases as part of a product or business team; starting from identifying opportunities, to developing and prototyping a solution, all the way to deploying, maintaining, and improving a production-ready solution inside of the embedded product team. We use a variety of technologies and tools including Python, SQL, Spark, Docker and K8s, Snowflake, Looker, Flyte, Seldon Core, Airflow, MLflow and Kafka to get the job done, and constantly looking for ways to improve how our data scientists work. 💪💪
We are looking for a data scientist to be embedded into our cross-functional Supply & Demand team, working together with engineers, product and analytics people, focusing on improving our forecasting capabilities. The team is responsible for forecasting both supply (availability of couriers) and demand (orders), and building applications, like supply planning, on top of those. The team also works on developing approaches to cope with imbalance situations, where customer and courier experience starts to deteriorate. As an expert on forecasting, you’ll help to raise the bar and impact of forecasting across the whole organization.
Also, to learn more about Wolt, be sure to check out Machine learning at Wolt - our journey towards MLOps, our Wolt Algorithmic Transparency Report, and Wolt Tech Talks. 💡
Our humble expectations
- You have plenty of hands-on experience with production-level data science projects — from prototyping to deploying and maintaining and improving production-ready solutions (i.e. ability and interest to handle a use case end to end).
- You have a deep understanding and experience with forecasting and machine learning, and a solid understanding of statistics.
- You have developed forecasting solutions with practical applications and clear business impact before. For you forecasting is not something you’ve done before amongst other things, it is a domain where you are, and want to be, an expert.
- You’ve got knowledge of experimental design and analysis, as well as A/B testing
- You’ll have fluent programming skills in Python, which is our main language for data science projects, and experience with databases (SQL)
- You’re comfortable with a long enough list of buzzw… tools and technologies to be effective in your role. Some of the technologies we work with are mentioned in the beginning of this ad.
- Ideally, you’ll also have a degree in a field relevant to data science
- You’re analytical and curious, we’re looking for a self-starter with a drive to get things done. Also as well a good communicator, willing to collaborate with people in- and outside of the team
Our offering to you
- Small yet growing data science team around you so there will be plenty of opportunities for you to grow as a Data Scientist.
- You can choose the location from our tech hubs Helsinki or Berlin, or you can work entirely remotely anywhere in Finland, Germany, Sweden, Denmark and Estonia. You have the chance to decide the ways of working —· a hybrid, at the office, or remote within the location above. 💙 Read more about our remote setup.
- At Wolt, you’ll get to work in a company culture where we take ownership beyond the obvious, do common things uncommonly well, we think big but stay humble, do right by people, we treat others kindly and justly, recognise that if we don’t learn, we won’t stay still but fall behind and keep in mind that Luke was Yoda’s greatest achievement. Read more about how we work. 🤩
Once we get your application, we can further discuss how to match your ambition with the different roles we’re having in the Data Science team.
If you’d like to check up on your application or have any further questions about the position you can turn to Marco Ohde, our Talent Acquisition Partner for Analytics & Data Science at firstname.lastname@example.org at any given time. We’re always happy to have a chat. 👋