Data Scientists at Wolt are working with machine learning for the most important processes and parts of Wolt’s online delivery platform and business operations that affect all the 23 countries we operate in. The work consists of owning machine learning use cases as part of a product or business team; starting from identifying opportunities, to developing and prototyping a solution, all the way to deploying, maintaining, and improving a production-ready solution inside of the embedded product team. We use a variety of technologies and tools including Python, SQL, Spark, Docker and K8s, Snowflake, Looker, Flyte, Seldon Core, Airflow, MLflow and Kafka to get the job done, and constantly looking for ways to improve how our data scientists work. 💪💪
We are looking for a data scientist to be embedded into our cross-functional Retail Platforms Purchasing team, working together with engineers, product and analytics people, focusing on improving our demand forecasting algorithms. The team is responsible for helping Wolt Market to meet the customer demand by keeping item availability high, while optimizing store space usage and minimising waste. As an expert on forecasting, you’ll help to raise the bar and impact of forecasting across the whole organization.
You wonder what Wolt Market is? It is a chain of dark grocery stores available on Wolt’s well known delivery platform. Wolt Market delivers groceries to our users within 30 minutes. Last year we took a leap forward with a dedicated product offering for Wolt Market - Retail Platforms. We successfully built from scratch several teams of talented Engineers, Product Leads and Designers building internal tooling within the areas like warehousing, assortment, catalog and pricing.
Also, to learn more about Wolt, be sure to check out Machine learning at Wolt - our journey towards MLOps, our Wolt Algorithmic Transparency Report, and Wolt Tech Talks. 💡
Our humble expectations
Our humble expectations:
- You have plenty of hands-on experience with production-level data science projects — from prototyping to deploying and maintaining and improving production-ready solutions (i.e. ability and interest to handle a use case end to end).
- You have a deep understanding and experience with forecasting and machine learning, and a solid understanding of statistics.
- You have developed forecasting solutions with practical applications and clear business impact before. For you forecasting is not something you’ve done before amongst other things, it is a domain where you are, and want to be, an expert.
- You’ve got knowledge of experimental design and analysis, as well as A/B testing.
- You’ll have fluent programming skills in Python, which is our main language for data science projects, and experience with databases (SQL).
- You’re comfortable with a long enough list of buzzw… tools and technologies to be effective in your role. Some of the technologies we work with are mentioned in the beginning of this ad.
- Ideally, you’ll also have a degree in a field relevant to data science.
- You’re analytical and curious, we’re looking for a self-starter with a drive to get things done. Also as well a good communicator, willing to collaborate with people in- and outside of the team.
Our offering to you
- Small yet growing data science team around you so there will be plenty of opportunities for you to grow as a Data Scientist.
- You can choose the location from our tech hubs Helsinki or Berlin, or you can work entirely remotely anywhere in Finland, Germany, Sweden, Denmark and Estonia. You have the chance to decide the ways of working —· a hybrid, at the office, or remote within the location above. 💙 Read more about our remote setup.
- At Wolt, you’ll get to work in a company culture where we take ownership beyond the obvious, do common things uncommonly well, we think big but stay humble, do right by people, we treat others kindly and justly, recognise that if we don’t learn, we won’t stay still but fall behind and keep in mind that Luke was Yoda’s greatest achievement. Read more about how we work. 🤩
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Michal Szafraniec