Hey, you look like you might be our new Senior Country Financial Controller
Tokyo, Japan or remote
Are you an experienced finance professional, with a real passion for delivering exceptional service in a collaborative team? Does a Senior Financial Country Controller role in a global tech organization sound like your ideal next opportunity? If so, then please read on!
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for the organization’s overall financial management. Ensure that all financial reports follow Generally Accepted Accounting principles (GAAP)/ International Financial Reporting Standards (where applicable).
- Manage the preparation and managing of all regulatory reporting and research technical accounting issues to ensure compliance
- Act as a liaison between the Head Quarter in Finland and the other stakeholders such as tax authorities, auditing partners or other operational teams in the region
- Identify control risks, develop and implement internal controls together with internal controls team
- Manage/participate in key cross-functional projects (control enhancements, process automation, system implementations)
- Maintain and develop Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) level documentation for any financial tasks
- Identify, validate, and implement further strategic opportunities to enhance data quality. Communicating, monitoring, and following up on key issues is critical. This requires close working relationships with Courier, Merchant and other operational teams
- Development of local accounting and reporting processes
- Lead local financial system enhancement projects
- Guide and advise local accounting team member in complex accounting issues
Our humble expectations
- Extensive experience with local statutory accounting- and tax compliance
- Solid background in relevant bookkeeping or accounting roles and previous experience from a multinational company
- Leadership experience preferred
- Masters degree in accounting or CPA / ACCA
- Experience with IFRS reporting in a multinational environment preferred
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills
- Prior experience in NetSuite is an advantage
- Fluent in Japanese and English, both spoken and written.
- Must be able to be based in Tokyo. Hybrid work possible (flexible work model that supports a blend of in-office and remote work)
Overall our product organization consists of a team of 400 people at Wolt and over 2000 in DoorDash. We aim to build none other than the best-in-the-world engineering team here. 💯
You’ll get to work in a company culture where we take ownership beyond the obvious, do common things uncommonly well, we think big but stay humble, do right by people, we treat others kindly and justly, recognise that if we don’t learn, we won’t stay still but fall behind and keep in mind that Luke was Yoda’s greatest achievement. Read more about how we work. 💙
The compensation is a combination of monthly pay and equity. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you'll own a piece of the pie. 🙌
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!