Hey, you look like you might be our new Sales Team Lead, Region West (m/w/d)
Sales & Merchant Operations
Are you a sales professional with solid experience in managing a sales pipeline as well as managing and developing a sales team? Do you have an analytical and entrepreneurial mindset and want to be the key player in influencing how Wolt grows its restaurant portfolio in Germany? If so, then please read on!
We launched our service in Germany in August 2020 and have for the past years seen rapid development in the market. We are now working with several thousand restaurant partners across Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, Cologne, Hanover, Düsseldorf & Hamburg and are expanding further into new cities, regions and business verticals.
For Wolt, everything starts with restaurants. If there are no restaurants, there are no customers and if there are no customers, there are no couriers. Thus, restaurant operations are a crucial part of Wolt’s success in every city and country. Our restaurant operations are split into three sections; acquisition, onboarding and support. As the Sales Team Lead (m/w/d) - Region West (based in Cologne), your role is to manage our restaurant acquisition and a team of Restaurant Partnership Managers.
Your job will be to improve Wolt’s restaurant portfolio by adding the right new venues to the platform and using data to identify the focus areas. You will use your extensive sales experience to provide tools, sparring and coaching to build on your team’s competencies and manage their performance. You will also form a strong communications loop with the Restaurant Onboarding & Support Team Leads, whose team is onboarding the partners your team acquires.
What you’ll be doing
- Building and directing the Restaurant Acquisition Team in the western region of Germany, setting team’s KPIs, managing sales performance and providing performance feedback
- Developing and executing a plan for the sales team to target gaps and opportunities within their market. This includes identifying restaurants that are a great fit for Wolt, as well as mapping out potential new areas for expansion
- Contacting and building relationships with potential key restaurant partners, and systematically managing the market’s sales pipeline
- Conducting negotiations regarding key partner terms, and understanding potential venue performance to set profitable business terms
- Making sound business decisions by supporting intuition with data
- Creating a positive work environment that enables the team to develop
- Leading by example in terms of demonstrating Wolt values and behaviors
What we offer
- Independent work in a dynamic, international team
- A fast-growing tech company with many career opportunities
- Flat hierarchies in a family start-up atmosphere
- Attractive salary package including stock options plan
- Discount on Wolt orders
- Modern work equipment of your choice (MacBook, iPad)
- Various soft drinks, coffee and fruits in the office
- Comprehensive internal educations
- Weekly (virtual) all-hands meetings and regular team events
- Flexible working hours policy and 30 days of paid vacation
Our humble expectations
- You have demonstrable experience of being successful within a leadership sales position
- You have extensive people management or coaching experience within field sales
- You are a natural ‘hunter’ with excellent communication and networking skills
- You are a real foodie with good knowledge of the local restaurant scene
- You have a self-starter mindset and willingness to contribute to hands-on activities in a flat organization
- You possess experience from within the hospitality industry - especially in restaurants - is a plus
- You are fluent in German and English
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Please note that we do not accept applications sent by mail. You should submit your application through our careers website.