Are you a talented sales person hungry for your next big challenge? Do you get excited about building up a new business vertical for Wolt and shaping how people shop in the future? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt has been growing rapidly in Finland ever since we launched in 2015. Wolt is present in more than 18 cities in Norway, including Oslo, Trondheim, Bergen, Stavanger, Kristiansand and Tromsø to mention a few - with more more cities to come.
We are best known for our food delivery platform but are now on a journey to become an ‘’everything’’ app so you can get almost anything in your city delivered to your doorstep in less than an hour. That means expanding our business to supermarkets, flowers, toys, electronics, gifts, and other exciting products, all referred to as Retail. And as we expand rapidly, we're now looking for a Sales Associate to join our inside sales team and improve our retail and restaurant offering in the Norwegian market.
Your role will be building up our restaurant and retail portfolio in new and existing cities by managing a pipeline of small to medium partners from A to Z. This requires good commercial thinking to be able to identify the most appropriate partners across various verticals and strong communication and negotiation skills to be able to show the value Wolt can bring to the restaurants and retailers.
What you’ll be doing
- You will be working with new potential restaurant and retail partners and managing the sales process from A to Z. That means researching leads, prospecting, conducting meetings and market visits, negotiating terms, and closing deals
- Some travel to cities will be expected, including being part of new city launch teams.
- Systematically hunting and managing the pipeline of new potential partnerships and tailoring the approach to position Wolt as a partner of choice
- Conducting negotiations regarding partnership terms and continuing ownership for the relationship until the onboarding and account management teams step in. Ensuring there’s an optimal product selection for each restaurant and retailer on Wolt’s platform.
- Actively inputting on the local sales strategies to accelerate Wolt’s Retail and restaurant offering
Our humble expectations
- Previous experience within sales, promoting, telemarketing, recruitment, fundraising, or similar
- You are tech-savvy, curious and a quick learner
- You have a can-do attitude and are ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Persistent and natural ‘hunter’ with a drive to build and create a retail portfolio from the ground up and find new angles to overcome different bottlenecks, not giving up easily
- Building relationships is your second nature - you can build relationships and tailor the offering and business model to a specific partner based on various parameters
- Structured - you are good at managing your time and pipeline to reach the goals. Experience with any CRM tools is an advantage
- Experience within the retail or Horeca industry is a plus but not a must
- Fluent in Norwegian and English
What you’ll get by joining Wolt
- Making an impact. Day to day you will innovate the retail and horeca industry, make cities a better place to live in and help Wolt to become the ''the best in the world'' delivery service. Moreover, we always put the end-user and customer first in whatever we do
- Being part of an ambitious team in a flat international organization. Things move fast in our office in the center of Oslo. We love to get things done, take ownership, and innovate, but we always make sure to have fun in the process!
- Autonomy. We will give you trust and freedom - you are in charge of structuring your work to reach the goals. Moreover, we focus on long-term quality metrics, not just activity, and a short-term perspective
- Learning never stops. We grow fast in a fast-moving industry, which means there is always something new to learn and different opportunities to develop within Wolt.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis, so if this sounds like an opportunity you want to pursue, apply today!
If you have any further questions about the position before submitting an application, you can turn to:
Laura Ilioaea, Talent Acquisition Partner:
Please note that we do not accept applications coming through email due to GDPR. Make sure to apply through our careers page!